Post Thanks / Like
    Just trying to find a good software program to keep track of the business, make invoces, and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a pro detailer but I do own a business. I use Simply Accounting to keep track of everything. It has most of the features of Quickbooks without the ridiculous price tag. I think I bought my version for $29 (after rebate) from Amazon a few months back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Mac guy and will be purchasing Now Up to Date & Contact (thanks to a tip from a fellow detailer) which is a fraction of the price of Filemaker Pro 7. Both intigrate with iCal, Address Book, Mail, Quicken and iSync/PDA. NUTDC allows you to publish your Calendar and for peoples to make appointments online without the subscription to .Mac as Filemaker would require.

PC: :nixweiss

Excel/Entourage

Quickbooks

Access

-Stu.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use quickbooks, and love it

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tpgsr

I use quickbooks, and love it

Which version are you using? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    With Quick books can you publish your schedule so that clients know what times are available?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, you cant publish you schedule with quickbooks. This is an accounting software only. If you want scheduling and contact management, try MS Outlook, it is compatible with quickbooks, and you can publish your schedule with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pssstue

I am a Mac guy and will be purchasing Now Up to Date & Contact (thanks to a tip from a fellow detailer) which is a fraction of the price of Filemaker Pro 7. Both intigrate with iCal, Address Book, Mail, Quicken and iSync/PDA. NUTDC allows you to publish your Calendar and for peoples to make appointments online without the subscription to .Mac as Filemaker would require.

I`m Mac also and I used to use Now Up to Date & Contact but I stopped using them when I saw that the free Apple software did exactly what I wanted. I use iCal for all my appointments and I use Panorama (light yrs ahead of Filemaker) for addresses etc. which also integrates with Address Book and iCal.

By the way, you don`t need .Mac to publish calendars, go to www.icalx.com and publish them for free! Here`s mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DFTowel

I`m Mac also and I used to use Now Up to Date & Contact but I stopped using them when I saw that the free Apple software did exactly what I wanted. I use iCal for all my appointments and I use Panorama (light yrs ahead of Filemaker) for addresses etc. which also integrates with Address Book and iCal.

By the way, you don`t need .Mac to publish calendars, go to www.icalx.com and publish them for free! Here`s mine.

:xyxthumbs

iCalx: waaay cool!

I just read a whole bunch on Panorama 4.9.7 and it seems to get really great reviews. My issue has always been the learning curve for such a powerful Db application. Hope you don`t mind if I ask how long you have been using it, did you find it easy to learn and is thier support helpful? Also, I didn`t see anything about invoicing and I am wondering if it intigrates at all with Quicken which I am currently using for my book-keeping, both personal and for the biz. I just didn`t see anything discussed in the release notes for v.5. Thanks for the help. Definitely looks superior to FM7.

-Stu.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    im using peachtree... supposedly, most people with quickbooks are moving towards peachtree... :nixweiss

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m old school I`m still using MS Works 4.5. It`s basic and very easy to use and I have everything in one place. Contacts , inventory , calender , invoices , cash flow ect , ect....

Thread Information