Diesel Sniffer
    Post Thanks / Like
    We vacuumed the interior, spot stain removal on carpet, removed scuffs on interior trim, dressed interior parts, 2 step leather cleaning and conditioning, Cleaned windows, Removed massive amounts of spot surface rust in door jambs(must have been iron in water it was washed w/), Qd`d & dressed engine bay, washed exterior, power washed wheel wells, washed rims, removed large amounts of swirls, coated w/ nxt, dressed trim, tire`s, and wheel wells. Charged the customer $160, it is my neighbor across the street, but I think I may have been a little too generous w/ the pricing All in all we got the Monstrosity done in about 5 hours, I`m thinking I should have charged at least $225 for the work We did, hopefully he refers us to friends based on the great service we provided. By We i mean me & my Friend Jon, so the bill will be split between us.

What would you have charged for this detail? I`m still new to this and haven`t come up w/ standard or extreme pricing.

thnx

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if it was just you, you made $32/hr - supplies and gasoline

If you worked with another individual, you worked for

$16/hr -supplies and gasoline. (I belive it was two, since you used `we`). I don`t think there is a wrong answer per se but you need to figure out what is profitable and fair for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pricing can be very dependent on your area. What may be a fair price in California may overprice you in flyover country. I plan on about 6.5 hours (average) for a full sized SUV, so my price would start at $200, and very dirty interiors or serious paint correction would add to the price. West coast guy can probably get $250+ for the same work.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AudiLikeA4

Charged the customer $160, it is my neighbor across the street

What would you have charged for this detail?

Actually, I detail many of my neighbors cars for free. However, the price you charge for detailing a vehicle should be based on how much money you need to make in order to cover expenses and make a fair profit. As you can clearly see, larger vehicles take more time to detail so you should always adjust your price accordingly.

Thread Information