Thread: Help me Choose

Post Thanks / Like
    Dewalt 849 or Milwaukee 5460-6

Never used a rotary by the way. I bought the cyclo a few months back and now i have my own "biznas" and will have jobs at 2 detail shops (hopefully, i find out tomorrow) The shops will be training me just in the use of the rotary, and im sure sway my decision if I like whichever they use.

Thanks,

Shaun

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`ve never held a Milwaukee for a few hours, you might want to handle one before considering it. I used one back in the day, and its weight made for a bit of a workout after a while (but I was a kid then, so maybe it just *seemed* that heavy).

Not interested in the Makita? I know some pros who`ve used theirs for many years with no problems, despite its lightweight construction. FWIW, that`s what I went with and the "weird speed dial" is *not* a big issue.

You`ll probably find that the Cyclo was good practice for the rotary; the handling characteristics are surprisingly similar (much more so than a PC). Whenever you use the Cyclo, try to keep it moving constantly (especially at the "end" of each stroke, rather than letting it "pause"), this practice will serve you well when you use the rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I own the dewalt personally, it is one beast of a machine, quite heavy, and after 2-3 cars getting polished, i seem to be very very tired. Maybe i am just weak lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Makita 9227 is a great rotary, not to heavy, cross handle makes it very easy to use, price is less than DeWalt.
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally would go with the DeWalt. I`m oldschool when it comes to tools though, and have never had a single problem with any of my DeWalt tools. In reality though, they will all do the same job its really a matter of what is more comfortable to you (weight, handle, etc.)

Thread Information