My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My boss has a fairly large boat (maybe 30-40`?) I may wax it in the future (it`s the kind with a kitchen/bathroon/bedroom down below). What exactly is involved in that? What products are used? Does the boat have to be out of the water? How does that work?

TIA
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you`re going to do the bottom of the boat, it will obviously have to be on a trailer, or on a lift.

All the other stuff, do a search, and you should be able to find something about it.
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Me: I own a bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just waxing the boat is easy, actually detailing it is horrible. Marine paint jobs are notoriously hard to work with if they have not been maintained (which they rarerly are). Gelcoats require either someone VERY patient with a RO, but you`re probably better off using a rotary or even a Cyclo for the job. I`d hit your local boat store to get an idea of what they carry for detailing boats, lots of oxidation removal and the like. Unless the person has money to blow he probably won`t be able to afford the amount of work required to work on something, especially at 30-40 feet. Waxing, however, is pretty much the same. You can use a heavy duty marine wax or even a traditional heavy wax like collonite or #16. If he`s looking for detailing the inside of the boat just do what you do if you clean the house, same prinicple except you`re floating : ) If you plan to be doing exterior work on the hull, yes it has to be drydocked.

Thread Information