Thread: Air Compressors

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking into picking up an air compressor mainly for blowing water/dust/etc out of crevices like window jams etc. I would like for it to be somewhat quiet and 70lbs or less. Amazon doesn`t list the decibels for each model, so I am wondering, what type of AC am I looking for. the way I understand if the bigger the tank the less it runs and the pancakes are oil-free and are touted by the manufacturer as being quiter but I see no numbers. The DeWalt D55151 looks pretty nice:nixweiss Thanks for the help.

-Stu.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check this model out.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...220011-0066354

Per Niftyness,com

__I`m no compressor expert, but the thirty user reviews on this Porter-Cable CPF23400S 3 HP, 4-Gallon Side Stack Compressor are pretty positive and the price is right. It`s yours for $196 - $25 off $199 Tools & Hardware coupon code GRANDSLAM4X5 [Exp 8/8] = $175 shipped.

Note that you need to add a $4 item to to your order bring the total up to $199 to use the $25 off coupon. This is a $466 list price compressor that you can get for $175 shipped. Quite a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I compared the oil/oilless compressors and the oil type was quieter. This was about four or five years ago and the Emglo I purchased still runs like new. Dewalt now owns them. Here is a pic of my model. I just used it to fill a pool for the kids...it would have taken days to blow it up. I picked up a low cost air accessory pack of attachments and such from Walmart. Dirt cheap.

http://www.dewalt.com/emglo/

I did pick up an 5 gallon Aux Air Tank and at times I connect it to extend the use time before the comp kick in but you do have to wait longer for the air charge to recycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pssstue

Looking into picking up an air compressor mainly for blowing water/dust/etc out of crevices like window jams etc. I would like for it to be somewhat quiet and 70lbs or less. Amazon doesn`t list the decibels for each model, so I am wondering, what type of AC am I looking for. the way I understand if the bigger the tank the less it runs and the pancakes are oil-free and are touted by the manufacturer as being quiter but I see no numbers. The DeWalt D55151 looks pretty nice:nixweiss Thanks for the help.

-Stu.

To reduce the noise your compressor makes join two 50 ft. hoses together so that the noise maker will be far away from where you are. I work in the driveway and leave my compressor in the garage with the garage door down to further reduce noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently purchased the Porter-Cable CPF23400S and am really happy with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Husky Air Compressor @ Home Depot

OR

4 Gal model

Do you guys think this has enough power to do the job? I`ve been looking at this for a while.

Thread Information