Post Thanks / Like
    I was detailing an 01 Maxima today and found that it had a bunch of little rust spots all over it. After probably an hour or so with my clay magic they came off. My question is, is there a faster way to get rid of these? I don`t mind claying but it is a bit more time consuming then I`d prefer. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Using clay is pretty much the required method. Clay is pulling out the metallic particles that create the rust. Technially the clay isn`t supposed to remove the rust spots. Any paint cleaner can do that. Clay is pulling out the metal that is causing the rust. Clay is really the fastest way to get them out. There is autoint`s ABC products that do the trick too, but its not faster or cheaper than clay. You can do some research on ABC if you want. There is lots about it on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the ABC or the similar system from FinishKare :xyxthumbs In my experience, it`s a more permanent solution than the clay. Whenever I just used clay, the spots would usually come back. The acid in the ABC`s B step actually *solved* the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, clay will not solve the problem permanently. It will knock the exposed portion of the industrial fallout off but will leave the acids from acid rain and the embedded portion of the fallout in the paint to continue working away at the paint. The only way to permanently remove the embedded fallout is to use a 3 step wash system such as autoint`s or finish kare`s as stated earlier. The 3 step process is needed to remove each part of the problem. See the following link for more information.

http://www.autoint.com/tsb/ford_ifo_remove.html

Thread Information