Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do when a customer doesn`t show up, and doesn`t even call? I find that this is really rude, and very ignorant. This is the first time this has happend to me, and I am really peaved, stupid ***!

I wish I could charge them, since I lost funds, and such, because I have to rearrange my whole detailing day, and maybe the week, which really aggrivates me.
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Me: I own a bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Buick_guy

This is the first time this has happend to me, and I am really peaved, stupid ***!

Well for starters, maybe you shouldn`t do any detailing for this person in the future. You sound pretty mad about it, so it`s not a good idea to have any business association with them. It doesn`t sound like you`d treat their car like it were your own.

Second, maybe try not to get so upset about it. You`ve no idea why they didn`t show. I`d guess having their car detailed is not the #1 priority in their life. Maybe a family member got sick or hurt or something else came up that they felt was more pressing than having their car washed... Give people the benefit of the doubt, especially if you want to make money from them. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya, just had to push lots of details back today cause of it. I actually had 3 today! Oh well, I`m going to ride over to my school and check if he`s there.

I just think he forgot, but I`m just made cause he is my teacher!
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you should start calling people the day before to confirm.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    brick thru the window?

(joke, obviously)
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    We call everybody the day before because we book are appointments a week ahead. The chances of a customer comming in once they book their appointment is about 95%. If we get stiffed and they want to rebook an appointment they must leave a non -refundable deposit of 1/2 the detail price.

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHA, I said ok this time, be cause he forgot my number at school, but next time I`m not going to be so understanding if it ever happens again.

Post Thanks / Like
    For you guys who do mobile detail, I think a deposit/bond will make sense, if the estimate is $100, ask for a $50 DP or something, even if it`s a $20 downpayment, he`ll lose $20 not you. Make sure that you set a deadline as to what time he`ll be considered as a "no-show" so you can go ahead and entertain other clients after that time period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by theveed

For you guys who do mobile detail, I think a deposit/bond will make sense, if the estimate is $100, ask for a $50 DP or something, even if it`s a $20 downpayment, he`ll lose $20 not you. Make sure that you set a deadline as to what time he`ll be considered as a "no-show" so you can go ahead and entertain other clients after that time period.

99% of people would not go for that initially but if they are a customer who has already pulled a no show, than that can be a condition to set another appointment.

I had one customer no-show twice sandwiched between several appointments he did keep and after the second time, when he called again, I didn`t call him back. He lives in the same neighborhood as a couple other customers whose cars I do every week and he drove by and asked why I hadn`t called him back and I told him. He then apologized and paid me in advance to detail his Mercedes and told me to get to it when I could. I now clean his cars weekly and he still pays in advance for 3-4 weekly washes. Sometimes it ends up turning out pretty good!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes there are circumstances beyond your client`s control, such as a death in the family, sudden illness, home/family emergency, etc.

It does happen on ocassion, just reschedule!

Now, let`s look at the flipside of the equation...

You have to cancel on your customer because something came up. Do you just not show, or do you give them a courtesy call and explain that something has come up beyond your control?

I have had to cancel details due to extenuating circumstances (such as being held over for fire/ems/hazmat incidents, catching an overtime tour of duty, or being called in off duty for incidents prior to picking up the vehicle).

I do call to verify the appointment the day before, and I follow up with a call to ask them if everything was to their satisfaction. A little courtesy goes a long way and means $$$$!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, called him yesterday and he said, Oh sorry, I forgot. I then said that I had to hold off 2 other customers since, I was waiting for him to show up. I asked why he hadn`t called, and he said, " oh I didn`t feel like it." I then told him that if he didn`t want his car done, just let me know. He said, " oh I do, but this time I`m going to give you 20 bucks just so you can be guaranteed. I was then happy, and explained that it happens, but next time please call.

I still think it was kinda ignorante of him not to call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ignorant indeed...
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Buick_guy

If he is one of your teachers, you could refuse to hand in any assignments until he shows up.

Oh, wait a minute. That might not work.

Seriously, I think the message is that `no-shows` are part of the trade. Nobody likes it, but they will always be there. Protect yourself the best you can and get over it.

Chow
    Cliff Claven is my hero
    2007 Silver Accord EX
    1999 Silver F-150 XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    You call the day before people have too many things on there mind and are very forgetful.IT HAPPENS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information