Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to go to local offices and do some advertising but I`m not quite sure what the best way to do this would be. My first idea was to put flyers on their cars but a lot of people might not like this. Is there usually a person or company that runs the offices that would be good to talk to and if so what is the best way to do this? I would like to do this in such a way to piss off as few people as possible. Thanks.

Also, do you usually have to bring your own water and electricity if you are detailing in an office complex or will they be able to supply it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you as a busienss owner and resident of an office complex that positng flyers opn cars will most likely get you kicked off site and you risk pissing off the peopel you want as clients BUT here is a good way to handle it that WILL work:

take the time to visit each business in the complex and speak with either the receptionist or HR manager (chances are you will deal with the receptionist) Keep in mind that she is the true gatekeep of this office and she knows everyones perosnl habits better then you think. Explain to her what you offer and why it is beneficial (and treat her with respect) and ask her if she knows of anyone in the office that might be interested keeping in mind she probabaly knows the people in the office that have an autotopian mentality and will hand carry your flyer to them and or post it on the b-board...If you want to, take it one step further and hire her...tell her she gets you x cars to detail and she gets hers washed for free (she doesnt make a ton of money and her car is most likely filthy so she will love you for it)...case in point, I called a detailer that I found tru this site to come and do my boat, he was smart and knew it would take 3 hours to do it and he called back told my receptionist that he would be there on Tuesdat at 7AM and to please ask of anyone needed a hand car wash and interiro clean for $20.00...he picked up my boat at $150.00 plus 4 other cars at $20.00 ea plus tips

as for power and water...I have it here and dont care if you use it but many places do not so a small genny might be good and some qew?

Hope this helped

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input, i`ll definatly try it out

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much what Kev said.:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    The offices I have done usually have a water hook up but don`t have power so you`ll need a gen.

Make sure the buildings don`t have anything about solicitors(sp?) on site. The might not like you going door to door to the businesses.

Best way is to find one customer and setup in the parking lot with a sign that`s visible. People will stop by once they see what you`re doing and that you`re a business.

Also, If the parking lot is one that easily floods with water, then consider using QEW or getting a reclaim system. People don`t like to walk/drive through puddles on days that it hasn`t rained.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Thread Information