Effort Pa/Stroudsburg Area just over the NJ border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a helper and i was wondering how should the process of a complete detail be done now? It seems like were sort of bumping into each other and not doing the car as quick as we should. Any advice will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`m not a pro, but my sister helps me. For the wheels she hoses them down and wets them with soap, I go after her and scrub the tires down. By the time she`s finished, I`m about halfway through then she hoses them down and I`m finsihed scrubbing by then. Then we hose down the whole car and I am washing down the panels and she rinses the mitts for me and puts them back into the soap bucket. We both dry together.

Then while I`m polishing the paint, she is doing the interior work, and polishing up metal parts.

If she is done before I am, she is removing the polish residue behind me. Then when I wax she removes the residue, and polishes the glass.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend that helps me detail as well. We split the car in half so to speak. We go right down the middle. I do the driver`s side and he does the passenger side. We each have our own supplies except for the extractor. Usually who ever does the extracting the other person will do the windows. We also take turns on cleaning the motor. Who ever is cleaning the motor the other person usually starts on the door jambs and trunk jambs. This is the method we use but every situation is different so you have to figure out a plan of attack that will work best for you.

Good Luck

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Split the vehicle in 1/2 I have been using this method for over 20 years and it works great. Who ever does the passenger side also does the trunk because there is alot more detail needed in the cockpit.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We do interior/ exteriors

My assistant is not well versed on the rotary buffer... so i end up doing most exteriors, although he may wax and remove...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Thread Information