Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m having an interesting problem.

I`m getting resistance to the QEW, even after showing customers my own car they just don`t seem to like the idea of a hoseless wash. I had one call me today (a weekly washer) that wants me to do a bucket wash from now on.

What should I do? Those of you (like Scott) that exclusively use QEW how do you get the customer on board with the idea? I really dislike bucket washes (its my least favorite part of detailing) should I offer to do them but charge more?

Post Thanks / Like
    If the customers want you to use a hose and bucket, charge them more like I do. Since it takes longer and costs you more, get paid more to do it. I have one customer who has a pressure sprayer and water deionizer at his office and home and wants me to use that to wash his cars. No problem since he pays me more.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually charge $25 for a wash how much more do you charge him?

Thanks Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I charge $30 for cars and $35-40 for SUVs and large trucks when conventionally washing.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, tomorrow when I do it I`ll tell her its going to be another $5 for the conventional wash. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your customers may actually be correct in their thinking preferring a soap and water wash. Depending on where travels or sets it may be getting subjected to harmful pollution which contains acidic compounds. If this is the case a Ph Neutral "Acid Neutralizing" car wash would be extremely bennificial. ($5 word)

Why?

It will prevent the premature brake down of the wax/sealer system that you have used on the vehicle and it will prevent these harmful compounds from causing damage to the paint film. All of which your waterless systems will not be able to do. Ideally, a vehicle should be washed once a weak.

Sell bennifit not price. If you think it takes longer charge accordingly. Customers will respect you for it and depend on "YOUR" Service.

Post Thanks / Like
    qew is not watter less

most soaps are not ph netral

translation i have no idea what you are talking about

Post Thanks / Like
    QEW is not a water less wash like some of those quick detail things. It does contain water.

Also... if it`s a Neutral PH, then it doesn`t do anything to acid...
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss understood the product you were referring to. I know now and I am familiar with though I have not used the specific product.

As for a ph neutral cleaner you are correct in that most soaps are not Ph neutral. But it is incorrect that a ph neutral soap will not clean nor will it do anything to acid.

Do a Google check on 118 SC.

This product was developed specifically for the Automotive manufactures to neutralize both surface and subsurface acids/acid rain that cause a lot of damage of modern paint finishes as well as an extremely effective cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Google search for "118 SC" turns up a number of hits, but nothing related to the auto industry that I could see. Perhaps you could provide a link? I`d be interested to learn how something other than a base neutralizes acid . . .

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I couldn`t find anything on 118 SC...

We never said a neutral pH soap won`t clean. We just said it won`t neutralize an acid. Something that`s Neutral won`t change the pH of an Acid. It`ll dilute it down though... Put pure water in Vinegar and you still have an acidic solution.

The ABC from Autoint has an Acid step, then Alkaline step and then a Neutral Car Wash...
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    In areas that don`t get acid rain, it is highly unlikely you would need to ABC wash.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    118 SC was developed by Finish Kare at the request of several Automotive Manufactures. As for its characteristics it has as a neutral Ph and it will neutraize acid rain as well as certain acids. It also has the ability to aid in neutrizing the hard water that is used for the wash.

If you consult an acid rain map you will find that all populated areas are exposed to acid rain. The largest concentrations are along the coastal cities and the mid west regions.

It is definately advantagous to use such a product for the simple reason that it prevents the acidic compounds from degrading the sealant/waxes plus by using a neutral Ph soap you are not degrading these protectants like many other soaps which can be very caustic.

As a side note since paint is porous acidic compounds will migrate into the subsurface of the paint film where they can create even more damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    QEW takes too much time. I do alot of SUV`s with mud and dirt everywhere and QEW would not be sufficient. I much prefer the conventional method.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TLL

118 SC was developed by Finish Kare at the request of several Automotive Manufactures.
    I asked this question once before, and you didn`t respond: Are you affiliated with Finish Kare? About 1 in 5 of your < 40 posts refers to the company. Your IP resolves back to Phoenix, AZ; Finish Kare (not surprisingly) is also located in Phoenix.

If you have a business relationship with Finish Kare, you need to review forum rules regarding commercial postings.

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information