Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless the owners of the mentioned cars do not care about micro marring and scratches I cannot fathom not bucket washing a car. I power/bucket wash my car every Friday on my lunch hour and then Friday nights the wif and me go to a car show at Tower Shoppes where our club and about 300 various others get together + vendors. I have a hard time resisting the urge to wipe it off (QED) when I get there as I know full well it will scratch it. There is a fellow in our club that brags about the fact that he has never in 2 years bucket washed his car. Well, no offense but he is blind or just doesn`t care because his car is one huge pile of marring and scratches not only that I usually see him using paper towels to wipe it off. Beside the turbo PT he also has a 52 Ford so I don`t get it. LIke I said they are either blind, or it does not bother them. Me personally, I hate marring and scratches and I work damn hard to be as free as possible from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

Your IP resolves back to Phoenix, AZ; Finish Kare (not surprisingly) is also located in Phoenix.

Finish Kare is actually located in California

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gbackus

Finish Kare is actually located in California
    Finish Kare International

4340 E Indian School Rd. Suite 21

Phoenix, Arizona 85018-5360

That address was taken from this web page: http://www.fk1usa.com/privacy%20policy.htm

It`s the privacy policy page from Finish Kare USA`s website. Perhaps there`s a CA distributor as well, but FK definitely has a presence in Phoenix, AZ. Also, a yellow pages search turns up "Finish Kare of Arizona", and "Finish Kare USA" listed for Phoenix.

Which brings us back to my original question: TLL, are you affiliated with Finish Kare in any way?

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

Finish Kare International

4340 E Indian School Rd. Suite 21

Phoenix, Arizona 85018-5360

That address was taken from this web page: http://www.fk1usa.com/privacy%20policy.htm

It`s the privacy policy page from Finish Kare USA`s website. Perhaps there`s a CA distributor as well, but FK definitely has a presence in Phoenix, AZ. Also, a yellow pages search turns up "Finish Kare of Arizona", and "Finish Kare USA" listed for Phoenix.

Which brings us back to my original question: TLL, are you affiliated with Finish Kare in any way?

Tort

I don`t want to argue with the moderator, but it`s just a corporate mailing box. TLL doesn`t fit the description of anyone I know at Finish Kare, and I`m certainly not trying to push their product. I won`t say anything more about this, whatever issues you have are between you and TLL.

Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    TortoiseAWD

I will take that as a compliment.

I simply gave a different view than yours. You ask for a name I gave it to you, then you go on what seems to be a witch hunt. My goal here is to extract quality information as well as provide it plain and simple.

My post was not even my opinion it was based on the findings from the auto manufactures unlike other products that are discussed with baseless claims.

Thats

Loyal Fxxxxx User aka "The Hare":xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gbackus

I don`t want to argue with the moderator, but it`s just a corporate mailing box. TLL doesn`t fit the description of anyone I know at Finish Kare, and I`m certainly not trying to push their product. I won`t say anything more about this, whatever issues you have are between you and TLL.

Sorry.
    gbackus,

No argument intended; I was just letting you know where I got the info, and what aroused my suspicions. Chasing shills takes up a lot of time and effort for the moderator crew, and TLL set off my anti-shill radar. He may just be a satisfied customer, but a disproportionate number of his posts mention FK, and read very much like marketing material. BTW, a human being answers the phone at Finish Kare in Phoenix. For a corporate mailing box, it`s rather well-staffed . . .

Hey, if TLL is just a happy customer, that`s great. Finish Kare appears to have a distribution point in Phoenix, and it`s entirely possible that he`s familiar with the line of products simply because of geographic proximity. If that`s what`s going on, that`s good news, because if he is affiliated with FK, we`re being shilled.

And the only good shill is a banned shill, as far as I`m concerned.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    TLL,

Still dodging the question, I see: Are you affiliated with Finish Kare? This isn`t about bases and acids any more; I`m trying to determine if you are a) a satisfied customer of FK, that just happens to live near a major distribution point, or b) an employee of FK, that is quietly trying to give some pub to their products.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Geeze guys, I wasn`t starting a debate about QEW. I have used QEW long enough now on my own vehcles and on customer`s vehicles in varying degrees of nastyness (actually pretty nasty) and have never, ever had a vehicle get marred by using QEW. It is 100% a safe car care product as long as you use it properly. I use it 100% all the time now, if the car is very dirty or if its an SUV with caked on mud I simply spray it down and scrub out what needs to be scrubbed out first, then QEW. The customer in question has a double garaged (home and office) BMW and the car never gets very dirty, nothing to scrub out etc. Her concern wasn`t scratching she simply said it was a feeling thing, the car just didn`t "feel" clean to her without using jets of water. I understand that hard habits are tough to break and now I hose wash it. No problem, takes me probably 15 minutes more.

Post Thanks / Like
    He he just a purely psychological block about the absence of the jetting water huh? Yeah it`s tough to crack those in no matter what category of product they come up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoodnClean, I`m not a pro detailer or a consumer of pro-detailing services. I do my detailing myself. But after all the good reviews of QEW this winter, I finally did break down and buy the stuff, and now I`m sold on it. My reasons are very particular and may not translate to your customer. I`m in the Midwest, where winters are harsh, with lots of road salt. And I own a Jaguar, and they`re notoriously rust-inclined. So, once I found that QEW did a good job with no marring (with the method I use), I switched simply because -- to me -- it seems to reduce the use of water and thus to reduce the likelihood of rust. Not sure that argument will "hold water" with your customer, but it sure was an important issue to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fellow Autopians,

I have uncovered evidence that forum member TLL is, indeed, a representative of Finish Kare, and has quietly been trying to promote their products on Autopia. Please view any recommendation of Finish Kare products from TLL with appropriate skepticism. Keep in mind that TLL was asked several times (rather bluntly) if he was affiliated with FK, and each time dodged the question. While company representatives are welcome on Autopia, they are expected to identify themselves (especially when posting regarding their own products), and not to engage in commercial activity.

This is the worst kind of spam, in my opinion. A shill isn`t just trying to sell you something, he`s trying to sell you something by deceiving you, by concealing his identity, and by hiding the fact that he stands to make money if you heed his "friendly" advice. You`re not a potential customer, you`re a mark in the shill`s con game. Don`t get conned.

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    The funny thing is Autopia is really accepting of different products and representatives. All you have to do is look at the product reviews section and you`ll see how many different things we try out for fun. But when you do something like this I can guarantee you that people are definately not going to want to try the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured something was up. I`ve been using QEW on my own car for nearly 9 years now and if there was acid rain buildup or fallout on my car I wasn`t neutralizing, the effects would be pretty apparent by now.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn- I know, I was shocked the first time I watched it break down and encapsulate road salt. Truly a remarkable product, I am forever in Scott`s debt

Tort- Yeah I had a feeling that was what you would turn up. Hope he gets to become the leader of the banned.

This is a great one LOL. I had a customer call me in response to my business card left on his windshield. He says in his message "do you have the rotary buffer with the two heads, the one that won`t leave swirl marks". I called him back and left him a message explaining that no buffer will leave swirl marks in the hands of someone experienced, and I use a random orbit buffer and there is no way it can harm the paint. Never called me back

I was actually relieved, customers like that are a real pain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work, Tort! I agree 100% with what you said! :xyxthumbs The whole thing is repulsive -- and could make you feel pretty bad if you were first deceived then learned the truth.

BTW, are we allowed to shill anything if it isn`t a car care product?

~3W
    ~3Wheeler
    If they`re not out to get me, why do they keep parking so close to my car?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information