Post Thanks / Like
    How do you guys approach customers about posting pics of your work on their cars?

I`ve been wanting to post more pics of my work on this forum. However, almost of all of my customers have declined when I ask for permission to post before and after pics of the work I do on their cars. Even when I offer to black out their plates, they still get nervous and refuse to give permission.

Do you guys have some of sort of clause in your contracts that says you have the right to shoot photos and post online? Or do I even need to ask permission? I mean it`s their car but my work.

Some have said I can shoot photos and use it for my portfolio that I show to customers. They just don`t like the idea going online.

Any advice is appreciated...
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Most people that don`t use the internet think it is the devil himself. Can`t think of how to ease their fears. Odds are they`ll never find out, but if they do, you might have an angry bunch. Yeah, some help I am, I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ask them if I can put them on my website and tell them that their plates will be blocked out and haven`t had anyone object.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just reasure them that all identifying items will be blocked out. Im also in the process of adding a notice on all my invoices / quotes "Vehicles may be subject to visual documentation in order to improve our level of service as well as provide the customer with a visual reference in case of theft or vandalism. Any use of those visual aids will be devoid of all identifying objects ie... license plates, home address etc. To exclude your vehicle from our visual documentation process just sign below. As always our customers privacy is important to us and will never be released to any unauthorized individuals. We appreciate your cooperation and as always, Thank you for choosing After Hours Mobile Auto Care. "

Eric
    If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then people who never quit and never win are just plain idiots :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually got an e-mail from a customer wanting to know why his truck wasn`t already on my website! No one has ever asked me not to post a picture of their vehicle but a few wanted assurances I would blur their license plate.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... maybe it`s just the area I`m in. It could also be my approach. Perhaps I make too big a deal of it. Instead of asking if I can post, I think I`ll just include a paragraph in my contract similar to elortt`s and then just mention it in passing to make sure they`re aware of it.

My reasoning is that if I leave it pretty low key, people won`t think about it as much.

Thanks for the suggestions all.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just take em anyways..havent had any complaints

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by noxen

i just take em anyways..havent had any complaints

I do take before and afters for my portfolio but I don`t post without permission. It only takes one to bring a world of hurt, no matter how remote that possibility may seem.

Post Thanks / Like
    i can take a picture of a car driving by my house..same thing correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t matter if it`s legal if it pisses them off.
    `86 Porsche 951 garnet red metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see the huge deal with even blurring a plate. If someone wants your car or wants to mess with it, they`re gonna find you.

A license plate number won`t necessarily help them either. You can`t run a search for where people live with a plate number. Yeah, you can maybe pick it out in a lot, but honestly, it`s only a matter of time before someone finds it.

If they want it, they`re gonna get it.

As far as the customer, anyone who has ever checked my site has enjoyed to see their car up "in the spotlight". Hopefully this means people are realizing that the internet isn`t the devil.

Thread Information