Post Thanks / Like
    My boss has a newer Black Jeep Cherokee and it is about to be turned in from leasing. It has animal scratches on the hood pretty bad..doesnt look like they are very deep. It also has lots of other rub marks and scratches on the body. A few look like they will need some touchup paint. The interior is dark leather with dark grey carpet. It doesnt look bad at all, just alittle scrubbing here and there and the basic cleanup and protectant/shine. What would you charge to do a vehicle like this? Also, any tricks you would use on the scratches?

Thanks,

Dan

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AT LEAST $150.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats what im thinking...i actually think the hood may need to be wetsanded and rubbed out with 3m rubbing compound to get some of the scratches out. Whoa this is going to be a job. Im thinking 200$.

Post Thanks / Like
    With wetsanding and touchups I would say you`re better off charging by the hour. :nixweiss
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    If wetsanding, compounding, polishing, LSP ect is needed It would run about $200-275 depending how bad it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah...i dont think i want to wetsand it..it would take way too much time and body aches. Being that i dont think the jeep has even been washed in a couple years i dont think they are too picky...i will just let them know that alot of the scratches wont come totally out but wont be very noticable after im done. I will use some meguaires scratch X on it and try some other stuff to do the best i can but im not gonna sand. Im going to say 150$...

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably around $200 from the description of it. Honestly, I don`t know why people wait until a week before their lease is up to pay attention to just how nasty their car looks. I`ve actually walked away from a couple of jobs because they let the vehicles get so bad it wasn`t worth bothering (so bad they were beyond hope) or they didn`t want to pay what I wanted...but I`ll bet they got nailed for a lot more in fees than what I was charging.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottabir

If wetsanding, compounding, polishing, LSP ect is needed It would run about $200-275 depending how bad it is.

That sounds good to me.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I agree also with $200+.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    $200 but why are you wet sanding a jeep that is being returned?When you have a leased car w and t is allowed.Get some compound and some fillers and work it over.Hiding scratches is easy

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ALAN81

$200 but why are you wet sanding a jeep that is being returned?When you have a leased car w and t is allowed.Get some compound and some fillers and work it over.Hiding scratches is easy

Agreed :xyxthumbs

I charge $250 for SUV`s. Full interior service. 3 step exterior service - polish, glaze, wax plus all the trim, window and wheel/tire work.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    While I agree the going rate for a job of this type is in the neighbourhood of $200-$250 it really doesn`t matter what anyone would charge because we aren`t you and we have nothing to do with your business and don`t know your expenses. You should be basing your prices on what it costs you to be in business, plus a fair profit margin and factoring in what the market will bear for the job YOU are doing. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    i will charge between 175 and 250 depending on the time product you use.
    "We give your car a complete workout from Top to Bottom"

Thread Information