Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m detailing my wife`s bosses 99 Nissan Pathfinder this weekend (inside and outside). The cheap ******* didn`t want to pay the $150 I asked (he makes $1xx,xxx per year) so I settled on $100 with him. I will not be making a habit of negotiating price in the future, but for my first time I`m ok with it. Besides, all my details have been freebies so far. At least it will pay for materials, etc. His truck is not badly swirled either from what I can see.

Just wanted to know if the dark blue non-metallic paint on his truck is cc`ed or not if anyone knows...? Also is the paint fairly soft or hard?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, the bleeped word I used wasn`t that bad I`ve heard worse in PG rated movies
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like he may be a hard one to please. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah he`s just cheap, a hypocrite and lazy He`ll be satisfied with the finished product even if I did a bad job in Autopian standards (which I`m not planning on doing) He called the dealer and said they would do it for $120

He`s one of THOSE guys.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have told him "Good Luck at the dealership then" I find that those people are USUALLY a PITA no matter how nice and helpful you are

Eric
    If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then people who never quit and never win are just plain idiots :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, at least I`ve been to a couple of his bbq`s and eaten up all his food so this partial payback He`s kind of an aquaintence of ours so it`s not like he`s a stranger. His truck isn`t exactly his "baby" so I`ll be surprised if he isn`t satisfied with the look afterwords. To be honest, I`m kinda surprised he balked at the price. We`ll see.............making my wifes boss happy ins`t necessarily a bad thing anyway.

Also, I hope he will refer me to his bosses........that`s where the $$$ is.

Post Thanks / Like
    YEAH, I guess its best that you make him happy instead of your wife J/K . Good luck, what is you plan of attack?

Eric
    If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then people who never quit and never win are just plain idiots :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you`ll know if the truck is CC if there is paint transfer when you start polishing it

Good Luck with the detail! If it turns out half as nice as your car, he is getting a great deal at $100!

I have no idea if the CC is hard or soft. sorry.

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan to do wash/clay/SSR2/SSR1/EXP and maybe Natty`s on top (still not sure if Natty`s makes the EXP look better or not???) I hate to spend extra time on layering LSP`s on a customer vehicle if does not make a visual difference to them OR me. (comments welcome)

Eric, I may end up trading you my full EX bottle for more EXP. It just pops so much better to me on ALL colors. To me EX looks bland compared to EXP.

Ever since I did this car I was sold on EXP:

http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=accord

I may skip the Natty`s and concentrate more on the details (trim, windows, yada yada). I have not done an interior and exterior all in one day yet. Should be fun (tiring)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottabir

I guess you`ll know if the truck is CC if there is paint transfer when you start polishing it

Have fun!
    Yeah, like when that happened on *my* drivers side door. Scared the *#%$ out of me to see my yellow pad go red!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are CCed if I remember right. For a $100 full detail *I* would just pick 1 LSP and call it good. No sense layering and spending the extra time on it, IMHO. I would do just like you said and put more attention into the details and let him realize that it is worth the $150 you were asking, and that you`ll get next time right :wink

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wifehatescar

Eric, I may end up trading you my full EX bottle for more EXP. It just pops so much better to me on ALL colors. To me EX looks bland compared to EXP.

Not a problem, just let me know and we will make arrangements.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wifehatescar

I plan to do wash/clay/SSR2/SSR1/EXP and maybe Natty`s on top (still not sure if Natty`s makes the EXP look better or not???)

I haven`t seen the need to top EX-P. It looks pretty good on it`s own.

How about use a VM glaze just underneath the EX-P to give the finish some more depth without sacraficing clarity?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had VM or could get it in 2 days that would be an option

I have PwC but I`m not sure if it would do the same thing. Also, I`m still not sure of putting EXP over carnuaba, even though others have done it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, I`m not sure about that either. I would think PwC would not be as clear (and the reason VM works so well under EX-P, IMHO, is it`s clarity) because of the carnauba component. I could be wrong.

That being said, I believe scottwax used PwC under EX-P with some success. Here`s the thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...c+scottwax+exp
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information