Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I am wanting to find out how the mobile detailers approached their clients for the first time, I dont feel Im much of a sales person or least shy, I started making a nice flyer and a letter and putting it into a nice folder with business card and giving it to the secertaries at some businesses. I havent had any response.

My question is or looking for ideas on how would you approach various businesses and try and get their business. I used to have a fixed location but unfortunitly the help I had didnt leave a good impression on my clients I have started calling some of them and letting them know Iam mobile now but no response.

So give me any advise and experinces you can share

THANK YOU

MARK

Post Thanks / Like
    Put a gun to their heads and assure them that either your polish or their brains will be on their car. They will always choose the polish. :lol

Sicko mode off

Well, if you lost some business do to your helpers I would start from scratch again adn maybe over them a free detail or a super deal to win their business back again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures, although easily manipulated, always make people ooohhh and aaahhh. Also, maybe offer the person a deal about for every x cars that you detail through their business location, they will receive a free wash, wax, whatever you see appropriate. Sell the convenience of you coming to their business and as a benefit to THEIR employees. No longer having to take a longer lunch or breaks to go get their vehicles.

We have had a few detailers in our parking garage, but none have ever had a good program. They had horrible hours: 10-2. That`s not good because people need their cars for lunch. Take a survey, start by booking in advance and then leave enough time for one more in case someone wants to walk up.

Also, sell your prior experience: "I`ve been detailing for a decade." That will set you apart from the new guys. Use your car as an example. IMO, if your car isn`t well detailed, why should I let you detail mine? Recommendations/Testimonials are great, especially from people with expensive cars. A lot people will think "Heck, the guy with the Porsche trusted him, I guess I could trust him with my Honda."

Most of all, don`t get discouraged. There`s a business philosophy: 10/4/2/1. If you approach 10 people, 4 might take interest in your service, 2 might actually purchase and 1 will be renew their business with you. Ideally both would renew, but this is the real world and 10% return business in detailing is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the tips, keep the ideas comming in THANKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Buff,

Go to www.iprint.com and create a banner to hook onto your canopy should you have one. If you contain water, even better. RoadWarrior is an aquantance of mine and is booked for weeks. He`s the only guy in his town containing water and the city enforces that law. He`s doing very well.

The banner you create can be seen easily from over 100 ft. Face it towards the office buildings. I try to have one lot per day of the week...very little miles on my van this way. I bet after only two weeks with good service, you will get busy. Most business owners tell me that it takes 3-5 yrs. to really build a profitable business that runs itself. In time, you will have an accountant, CPA, insurance, advertising expense (fixed) {You may not even need that}

The thing is most affluent people are well educated. They will assume that your fomer workers are a product of the owner. No matter what, they will assume that the lack of professionalism came from the top..kinda like a pro team. When it doesn`t to well, the coach is fired.

To get them back, they`ll have to see that your new situation is completely different. New uniforms, new look, new standards, etc.

You may want to attend a detailing workshop where you can get a certificate of completion..this is why...

Most newspapers have a "What`s New" in the business section. You contact the paper and do a quick write-up.

Jane Doe from EXTFR Detailing has just completed certified auto detailing training from DGGEGH. He has been named president of EXTFR Detailing which is a local moble detailing business..something like that.

These are just a few ideas I`m rambling out while I get my boys to sleep.

Hope it`s helpful,

R Regan
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably wouldn`t hurt to check your spelling when you write something. Professionalism is the key.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3:5

Thread Information