Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What`s up guys and gals? I`m pretty new here, as I`m sure you can tell from my join date and my number of posts. A good friend of mine and I are pretty well known by our friends how "anal" we are about our cars` finishes. Just recently, we decided to take a leap into a semi-professional venture of detailing cars on the weekends for some extra cash.

Neither of us are sure how big this venture will get, but we`re keeping an open mind. Really, if we only get enough details to pay for our equipment and supplies we invested in, I`ll be satisfied. Well, not to say that I wouldn`t love to make this into a venture where we both can make some good money....just saying that if it doesn`t reach that level, I`m not going to be devestated. We alredy have 4 or so full details lined up with friends and one of my relatives.

My question is this: How did most of you promote your business? How do you set yourselves apart from other detailers in your area? I realize that return customers are the basis for any mobile detialing business, but all those return customers were NEW customers at one time. How`d you get the new ones? I`ve read about a few good ideas of promotion on here, and was hoping that possibly some of you could throw some more my way. I just feel like once we get a few customers, word of mouth will be a big help.

We`re new to the use of the PC 7424. Neither of us have used one. I`ve been researching quite a bit, though. I have one on the way, and look forward to trying it. So, can any of you lead me to some fairly in-depth literature on it`s use(s) and techniques?

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn.....

26 views and no replies.....

Post Thanks / Like
    ive put out a total of 5 fliers and im booked through out the mont for weekends im now starting to word during the week

i did one car for cheap and 2 for free and word spread quick i have a contract to do semis for a trucking company now also

i say let your work speak for its self offer to do a few free details for people

Post Thanks / Like
    C-rock....

The hardest part about starting any business is promoting yourself....You must be creative, yet original. You must provide what other competition cannot, beit lower prices, higher prices with additional services, etc. You get the picture. Your going to need to give a little, just to get the word out. But all in all, your work must speak for itself. Do what you have to do, to get that work done. You said you already have smoe work lined up, thats good, be patient. Give flyers to family and friends, have cards made up that you could hand out to prospective clients. Start conversations with people about their cars !

Im currently working on getting some work done for a famous singers automobile museum. I was in his museum yesterday, admiring all of this singers auto`s and asked about the 73 Ferrari, he said he had a bad Koni shock he needed rebuilt. I found someone who rebuilds Koni`s and am going back Tuesday to drop off the info, or instigate the paperwork for him, and im going to drop off a few of my products for his detailer to use. There still using cotton towels and Meg`s FD to keep this multimillion $ inventory looking good. I think I can do better than that. On another note, I asked him how often the cars get "out". He mentioned he use to have someone take them out on the frwy for a spin, but "he doesnt have that person anymore", guess what im going to offer to do ????

Im talkin 440 "cudas, Charger R/T, Prowlers, vettes, Jag`s, Ferraris, Mercury`s, etc....My point is, use every available means to advocate your services....Because you never know who your going to run into....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information