Post Thanks / Like
    Well it was raining AGAIN:angry here today in South Texas, in fact it got downright nasty as trees blew over and a few tornadoes touched down:scared but no major damage, cept some minor flooding............anyway I went out to my garage and got my cordless drill from the tool box I keep in the back of my truck and wondered what other pros may tote along with them.

I carry a socket set, both metric and standard from Husky, several open end wrenches, cordless drill, wire strippers, wire cutters, drill bits for metal, assortment of screw drivers, allen wrenches and those hex wrenches. I also carry an assortment of nuts, bolts and screws, wire, extra tire valve caps and screws for license plate frames, razor blades, duct tape, silicone and of course various sizes of wire ties. Oh, and some tweezers because my clients always drop stuff in between their seats and these tweezers sure help retrieve that stuff.

So, what`s in your tool box?

Any good stories to relate in how you fixed a clients car?

Last week I was able to reattach a clients front plastic ground effect that had been ripped off from a concrete parking block. I had to McGyver it with some bailing wire but you can`t see it.:xyxthumbs

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    It was supposed to rain this weekend in Dallas but it was dry and mostly sunny...not that I am complaining. Rain may be moving in tomorrow, but I hope it holds off one more day. I have 4 cars to clean tomorrow including a doctor`s truck and he pays me for 10 maintenance cleanings in advance and he has used up his money so time to pony up again. I wouldn`t mind having that large check in case we get a lot of rain this week.

I have screwdrivers, allen wrenches, sockets and drivers, wrenches and wiring cutters/crimpers and various terminal endings in my tool box. I mostly just pop stuff back into place for customers. The Suburbans are real bad about the attachments for holding the leather on the seats coming undone so you have to refold and clip it together.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony. I`m not a Pro Detailer, but I didn`t see a small magnetic telescoping pick-up on your list or small mag-lite. Both come in handy when something drops from sight or you need to fish around for that loose nut that slipped away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MartyGrant

Anthony. I`m not a Pro Detailer, but I didn`t see a small magnetic telescoping pick-up on your list or small mag-lite. Both come in handy when something drops from sight or you need to fish around for that loose nut that slipped away.

Marty,

I do carry a flashlight, a maglite of course:up BUT a telescoping magnet I do not have, why, Ihave no idea but I know what I am buying tomorrow at Home Depot:xyxthumbs Thanks!

Originally posted by Scottwax

I have screwdrivers, allen wrenches, sockets and drivers, wrenches and wiring cutters/crimpers and various terminal endings in my tool box. I mostly just pop stuff back into place for customers. The Suburbans are real bad about the attachments for holding the leather on the seats coming undone so you have to refold and clip it together.

Scott,

I hope the weather holds out for you, I have at least 2 more days of rain...ugh! I need to pick up on my day trading!

I hate when those suburban seats come undone because putting them back together can be a real pain at times.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Thread Information