Post Thanks / Like
    This question is for fellow detail business owners....

What seperate services do you offer to your customer`s as a "side" service. For example: window treatment, pinstriping, etc.?
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    I make them really really fast:xyxthumbs
    Ever see a Honda run a mid 11 at the track and then drive home to tell about it? Nope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ajbarnes

What seperate services do you offer to your customer`s as a "side" service. For example: window treatment, pinstriping, etc.?

ajbarnes,

I don`t offer any `side` services such as, window treatment, pinstriping, etc.

The reason I don`t goes back to when I first started my detailing business in 1986. In those days most people thought `detailing` a car meant pinstriping etc. Not thoroughly cleaning, polishing and waxing. There always seemed to be some confusion (in the eyes of the consumer) when it came to understanding exactly what you were offering when you used the word `detailing`.

To get back to your question. I decided early on to focus all of my attention to the cleaning, polishing and waxing of a vehicle. I figured that would help to eliminate some of the confusion. Today I still use the phrase `polishing and waxing` on my business cards and flyer. I guess that`s a throw-back to the old days.

My mission, since the beginning, has always been to offer `polishing and waxing by hand...at the customers location`. It`s a mission statement that`s as basic as you can get.

I would say that if you`ve got a good customer base, it`s probably a good idea to offer `side` service. Why not? Certainly sounds like a good idea to look into.

I hope this helps...

Thread Information