Effort Pa/Stroudsburg Area just over the NJ border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well i read alot of people topics on how much to charge. Well i went and reasearched it, and found some great information from the Rightlook.com company.

Interior Detail: Thorough Vaccuum. Clean and dress dash, door panels, and center console. Deep clean mats, spot clean headliner, seats and carpeting:

condition leather, seats and clean windows.

price for this service and exterior service should be roughly equal.

Exterior Detail. Thorough wash. minor fallout removal: apply wax, dress trim and tires. minor wheel detailing.

Complete detail. Both of the above services. Should be about 15 percent less then the total price for both of the above packages combined.

Engine compartment: Degrease, rinse, dry, and dress.

Should be about half of the price for an exterior only detail

Bumper to Bumper detail. Interior, Exterior, engine Add prices for interior, exterior, and engine, and subtract 15 percent.

Custom service packages.

Exterior

complete cleaning and premium conditioning of all leather.

2. deep clean, hot rinse and deodorize all carpeting.

3. clean entire headliner.

4.deep clean, hot rinse and deodorize all upholstery seats.

apply fabric protection, seats, carpeting, and mats.

5. Ozone deodoriztion treatment.

Each should have seperate price and the range will be 25-50 percent of your interior only price, depending on the value of the particular serivce.

Exteror Extras.

Speacial cleaning, polishing, compounding on single stage painted panel(to remove swirls,water spot, overspray, fall out, heavy tar, oxidation, scuffs, scracthes, stains, etc)

2. special cleaning, polishing, compounding entire vehicle.

3. complete wheel cleaning

4. apply paint sealant,

5. window polishing, remove water spots, stains from glass, clarify plastic windows.

6. apply water repellent to windows.

Each should have seperate price and the range will be 25-50 percent of your interior only price, depending on the value of the particular serivce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever given any thought to just offering one `complete detailing`? And then have a different price depending on the size of the vehicle?

Example:

small car Complete $139

mid-size Complete $169

large car Complete $199

Post Thanks / Like
    HMM YEAH! if you just want to follow the trend and give a customer not another reason to choose your service. variety is what it is all about.

Post Thanks / Like
    People like variety when they`re ordering a pizza, when they`re buying beer, or when they`re looking to hook up at the local club/meat market on Friday night. But when it comes to car detailing, you want to offer a few packages but limit the total number of options. Why?

1. Most customers do not understand enough about car detailing to know exactly what services they want. All they know is their car is dirty and they want someone to clean it.

2. Leaving the customer with too many choices puts you in a vulnerable position. A customer could potentially choose a combination that makes for a lot of work for you at the lowest possible profit.

3. There may be some services that you can offer that make for a good deal for the customer and a good profit for you. Why not package them and offer the best of what you can do instead of letting the customer figure it out?

As Emeril says, "we`re not building rockets here". You`re detailing a car. Its easy work. If you do it right you can make money and have satisified customers. Don`t make it overly complex for yourself or the customer. If someone wants more options, give it to them. But don`t complicate things upfront. Besides, if a potential customer walks because you didn`t offer to clay his wheelwells or whatever stupid thing he wanted, this is probably not a customer you wanted in the first place. Let him go to someone else.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

People like variety when they`re ordering a pizza, when they`re buying beer, or when they`re looking to hook up at the local club/meat market on Friday night. But when it comes to car detailing, you want to offer a few packages but limit the total number of options. Why?

1. Most customers do not understand enough about car detailing to know exactly what services they want. All they know is their car is dirty and they want someone to clean it.

2. Leaving the customer with too many choices puts you in a vulnerable position. A customer could potentially choose a combination that makes for a lot of work for you at the lowest possible profit.

3. There may be some services that you can offer that make for a good deal for the customer and a good profit for you. Why not package them and offer the best of what you can do instead of letting the customer figure it out?

As Emeril says, "we`re not building rockets here". You`re detailing a car. Its easy work. If you do it right you can make money and have satisified customers. Don`t make it overly complex for yourself or the customer. If someone wants more options, give it to them. But don`t complicate things upfront. Besides, if a potential customer walks because you didn`t offer to clay his wheelwells or whatever stupid thing he wanted, this is probably not a customer you wanted in the first place. Let him go to someone else.

That`s totally true.

I find myself selling the aspects and benefits of detailing and car care more than I do selling my actual car care services. Most people have no clue what detailing or car care is all about. Education is probably 90% of the content on my flyers, brochures, etc.

I agree with bretfraz with not making it overly complex for yourself or customer`s when it comes to offering services and pricing. Just make it a win-win solution for you and the customer. Find out what the customer want and needs and then perhaps customize their services, but I wouldn`t approach them from the gate with the many options you can receive with car care, i.e. (clay, oxidation removal, sealcoat, etc.). I would just "listen", and then sell them a package based on what they need done.:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah i totally agree. im not doing a 2 page flyer on different packages, but i want to have some extras, because of the person who will not just do the whole detail thing. Just sections broken down for interior, exteriror, leather treament and the wash does. You guys are totally right becuase most people dont even know what a clay bar is. So that may make them feel awkard and to confused. Yeah that is how come i always tell the customer i can evaluate there car for them and maket the decision on what exactly needs to be done and Upsell in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by quamen

Yeah that is how come i always tell the customer i can evaluate there car for them and maket the decision on what exactly needs to be done and Upsell in person.

:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience, bretfraz has nailed it.

That post probably ought to be a `sticky`!

KISS.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ajbarnes

I find myself selling the aspects and benefits of detailing and car care more than I do selling my actual car care services. Most people have no clue what detailing or car care is all about. Education is probably 90% of the content on my flyers, brochures, etc.

ajbarnes,

I do the same. It`s always better to focus on the benefits rather than the price.

Education is the key.

Thanks for that good post.

Thread Information