Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so as recomended by several people, i am printing out some custom christmas cards. I picked up holiday neutral cards, but now i need to personalize them. This is where i need a little help. the cards say "Wishing you every joy at this wonderful time of year. Happy Holidays" <i need to add something here>, then my digital signature, <company name, and do i add phone #? or web addy? not too sure aside from the company name)

Thanks for any suggestions and sorry if i made this confusing to read

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I sign my own name inside, but use "Scott`s Mobile Auto Detailing" in place of my name for the return address on the envelope.

If you have a picture of their car, including it is a nice touch.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m speaking here strictly as a "consumer," not a Pro Detailer. And I hope I don`t come across as an "ingrate." But having already received several holiday cards from investment brokers, insurance agents, bankers, doctor/dentist, etc. ... I gotta tell ya: It really ticks me off to get a card that doesn`t even have a personally-written signature. A pre-printed "signature" or one that`s computer-generated basically tells me "It was worth postage, but not worth my time, to send you this card." So I applaud your wish to send out these cards, and I agree you should put your business address on it. But please try to find time to sign your own name -- maybe even with a "tag line" -- even if it`s a "throwaway" tagline like "All the best to you." Otherwise, it really will not mean much to folks like me. (But, then, maybe I`m just a member of the minority curmudgeon class. )

BTW, since you`ve taken care to make it a fairly generic "holiday season" card, I don`t think you have to break your neck to make the cards arrive before Dec. 25. I still enjoy the cards I receive all thru the 12 days of Christmas, all the way up thru Epiphany! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

I still `hand write` the addresses too. No mailing labels for holiday cards. It takes a little longer, but I`m sure it`s more personal when received.

:up I couldn`t agree more! I would not dream of printing anything beyond the company logo on the cards I send.

Mind you we don`t send the cards we receive from Group - they are very French, which means they are New Years cards (which is OK as its different) but they are very very business oriented.
    I can`t believe you kiss your car good night.

C`mon baby tell me-you must be jokin`, right!
    Shania Twain

Citroen BX `88, Lomax 223 `85, Citroen 11BN `56

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good idea. I`m going to get working on this now!:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I don’t do anywhere near the cars that most of you do†But I still have what I call my ‘customers†or clientele of about 20 different families this year, I made cards at home on the computer that are like a post card. I used heavy weight paper and put a picture of their car on the back and a little note on the front that wished their car (not them) lol a merry Christmas. Then I did sign my name by hand and laminate them. Last year I did about 15 of them and everyone loved it! If you can afford it (I know that some of you have bookoo customers so this will not work) But maybe just pick the top 10 or 15 spenders and do a little extra, it worksâ€.

If any of you do this let me know how it go’s!
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a suggestion for next year. Instead of Chrismas cards do something different. I like to send a card for Thanksgiving. Your card will be the only one received. At the same time you will be thanking your customers for their business and you won`t be lost with all the Christmas cards that they recceive. Remember don`t ever do what everyone else does. BE DIFFERENT AND STAND OUT

Post Thanks / Like
    Want to make it personal? Take a picture of each of your clients freshly detailed car and have that as the opening picture. Get you own verse and sign it by hand. They`ll be flattered.:bounce
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GearHead_1

Want to make it personal? Take a picture of each of your clients freshly detailed car and have that as the opening picture. Get you own verse and sign it by hand. They`ll be flattered.:bounce

Bout 2 posts up
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GearHead_1

Want to make it personal? Take a picture of each of your clients freshly detailed car and have that as the opening picture.

Originally posted by Scottwax

If you have a picture of their car, including it is a nice touch.

Beat ya`! :p
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Well!
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread Information