Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a personal detailer for a doctor and his cars. My detail supplies and I will be driven up to Martha`s Vinyard off Cape Cod Mass. where I have been hired to detail 3 cars (a station wagon, a Prelude and a 1948 Lincoln), a trailer and a massive shed full of mechanized garden supplies from a tractor down to a lawn mower.

He wants every possible tool and car he has up there to be fully detailed.

He simply told me to name my price and to factor in the time I`ll spend traveling with him!

He recently completed a divorce and landed the property. Nothing has been touched in three years!

He lives right on the beach and has a huge 4 car climate controlled, fully stocked garage where I can detail everything in 70 degrees while it is freezing outside.

I`ll be staying in a nice guest room equipped with satellite TV. I`ll be there for four days with he and his girlfriend. They offered to take me out every night for dinner since I`ll be alone. There are a lot of cool places on the water to eat. He told me people fly in on sea planes, land, and come in for a bite to eat!

It should be fun and a nice chunk of coin!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! You are a lucky guy!

What an opportunity. Well, hopefully if everything goes well, you will be able to score other accounts from him, as well as do these on the regular.

Be sure to take plenty of pics for us photo hungry Autopians! Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

WOW! You are a lucky guy!

What an opportunity. Well, hopefully if everything goes well, you will be able to score other accounts from him, as well as do these on the regular.

Be sure to take plenty of pics for us photo hungry Autopians! Good Luck!

Thanks man. I do a lot of work on his 1978 Mercedes 450 SEL that has on 24,000 miles. He loves the results so much, that I do all his other cars. He also has 2 motorcycles and another vehicle (can`t remember) that he wants done once he collects them from his ex-wife.

He is going to a black tie Mercedes Club of NJ dinner event. He wants to hand out a bunch of my fliers to all of his wealthy Mercedes Club friends! He said I would get a ton of work because he would let them know how good I am (his words!).

He loves that I use all the top products on his car. For example, I called him and told him how great Souveran is and that I bought it exclusively thinking of him to use on his Mercedes. Now he wants his flawless 450 SEL re-detailed with Souveran!!!

Schmmozing and personal attention goes a long way in securing jobs and repeat business
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how it goes, and that includes pictures!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    if you stumble across a weed wacker or something small and stupid like that, you should detail it real quick. It will make a good addict picture

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SWEET!

If your comfortable with it, we`d love to know the Fee you recieve...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fellas! Although I`m not a professional, I am a serious weekend warrior who is addicted to detailing.

I`ll try for pictures, but I have no digi cam

I am going to ask for $1,250 ($175 per car, $100 for the trailer and the balance for the landscaping equipment and travel).

I mean he is paying $475,000 to have a new bluff installed on the beach to prevent erosion of his property! What`s another $1,250!!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Marthas Vineyard is a beautiful place. I vacation there every year - I love it.

-tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you are giving him one hell of a deal! You should be able to get more for your time.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion~

As `LighttngSVT` says `a hell of a deal!` I work on the same basis as you do (week-ends only and charge an average $250

Great gig in a great location, wish you luck mate.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must Body-snatch Splichy, take sweet gig...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d consider a per car rate that you and he have had in the past plus an hourly rate for the other junk. Don`t sell your expertise and time short; it`s obviously of great value to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe since it`s an assortment of jobs, you should just set an hourly or daily rate, plus some travel cost. Then however long it takes it takes. How valuable is your time?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to go to Martha`s Vinyard / Nantucket every summer and bike the island for 2 weeks. Great place I miss those times.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure how much lawn equipment he has. But I know this is a real gadget guy! When I asked (we didn`t get specific yet) he smiled and said he has a huge shed full of stuff including a tractor!

I will be there December 31 - January 4

I think for the cars and trailer I will charge my per car rate and for the rest, I will charge a per day rate.

It should take me 2 days to do the three cars and trailer and then a couple days I`m assuming to do the lawn equipment. The cars should be easy since they aren`t driven and he keeps them clean.

He said he has so much, that I`ll do as much as I can and he`ll bring me back again.

It`ll be neat since he lives near some celebrities and his neighbor is one of the director brothers from the new movie "Stuck On You."
    Seth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information