Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Patrick
    In So. Cal, 250k is very real......Theres people here who take it to detail shops for a $60.00 "wash".....weekly....

Not to mention peole who run through paint, asphalt, bituminous products...etc.

Then theres your dedicated, loyal clients who come in every season for a detail...Dealers new car prep...Last time i was getting my windows tinted at the local detail shop, 5 Porsche Cayennes came in for pre-sale prep...You would have thought the INS came in the way those guys were running.....250K is very real in So Cal....!

Post Thanks / Like
    well 250k in in so cal is nothing like 250k in pa where the cost of living and lifestyle is tremendously different

a guy making 250k in cali is just making it in the nice areas, nothing great. its very expensive to live there

Post Thanks / Like
    How about charging $1000+ details? It`s that or some serious hustling. This work is definitely not for everyone but, those who are dedicated and experienced can really go far. I hear California is a great place to be in the business. My cousin has been there for a couple months now and is getting his feet wet in car customizing. I cant wait to visit and check out some local shops and see everything I have been missing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frankie is right. $250,000 on the left coast is like making 29 cents anywhere else! :lol
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Malta.....and studying in Cheltenham in the UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya never know, he said he has connections with the sixers.....imagine he details for 4 of them and each other has 4 cars....and he charges an extortionate amount of like $1500 a pop....then he`d be makin money

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Patrick

In So. Cal, 250k is very real......Theres people here who take it to detail shops for a $60.00 "wash".....weekly....

Not to mention peole who run through paint, asphalt, bituminous products...etc.

Then theres your dedicated, loyal clients who come in every season for a detail...Dealers new car prep...Last time i was getting my windows tinted at the local detail shop, 5 Porsche Cayennes came in for pre-sale prep...You would have thought the INS came in the way those guys were running.....250K is very real in So Cal....!

Not everybody who lives in California drives a Ferrari. Just because its expensive to live there doesn`t mean that people throw their money out the windows. I`ve been to some pretty nice areas in So. Cal and I don`t see those people forking out $500 to have their car waxed every other week. They didn`t get rich by wasting their money.

$250,000 may be possible out there, but one guy isn`t making that kind of money by himself. There is no way. If he is that good then he would see that there was nothing to lose by spreading himself out and making more money through other people. You would have to be an idiot to work alone and only make $250K a year when you could hire 5 guys and be making 3 times that. I just don`t see it....
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    He takes in about $150,000 a year profit. He does have 4 guys working with him. He does mobile, plus he has a small "underground" shop (garage under a building).
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by luke667

ya never know, he said he has connections with the sixers.....imagine he details for 4 of them and each other has 4 cars....and he charges an extortionate amount of like $1500 a pop....then he`d be makin money

The only connection he has is that his cousin is one of the players, and granted him a $50,000 loan to get started detailing (which he doesn`t have to pay back) <------For some people, life is sooooo sweet!!!!!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SamIam

Does he do $250K all by himself? It sounds like he has guys working for him. What is he doing that is so different?

He has an underground location under a large office building and has immediate access to over 10,000 + employess, visitors, etc. to the building daily. Plus he does mobile work at about 10-15 different buildings where he does about 10-30 jobs daily.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It ain`t really a loan if he doesn`t have to pay it back then, is it? lol

Man, that works out sweet for him. In the right location you really could rake it in if you had that much captial to start with. $50,000 is a great down-payment on a building and supplies and vehicles and everything. He really hit the ground running on that one. :usa Its good to be in America when you hear about things like that.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Working by yourself it will be just about impossible to make that kind of green. 250,000 dollars a year would be nearly 21,000 a month. That is like $5,000 per week. Unless he does 10 cars at $100 per car 5 days a week for the entire year with no sick days or extended vacations, then I don`t see how that is possible. Now, if he had 5 guys working for him then bringing in $250,000 before expenses and salary is totally logical. I don`t care how much you know about marketing.... If you are making $250,000 bucks a year detailing then you have employees that you are making money off of as well. You would probably have to sell products to boot.

Yes, he does have employees....4 or 5. I said nothing about him doing it by himself. It`s amazing how mostly everyone assumed he works by himself without finding out first?:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

It ain`t really a loan if he doesn`t have to pay it back then, is it? lol

Man, that works out sweet for him. In the right location you really could rake it in if you had that much captial to start with. $50,000 is a great down-payment on a building and supplies and vehicles and everything. He really hit the ground running on that one. :usa Its good to be in America when you hear about things like that.

Tell me about it!!!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Rapid robert

I cant eat that charlie thats Horse S--t

And he`s horse s---ting all the way to the bank!

Post Thanks / Like
    30 details a day! hard to believe even with 4-5 guy`s working

for you!(unless they are not full details)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jim antis

30 details a day! hard to believe even with 4-5 guy`s working

for you!(unless they are not full details)

Of course there not all full! Some are light, full, wash & wax, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information