Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new website

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to give me a little feedback it woud be appreciated,

the site is www.diamonddetailing.biz and the one that you will see is made for highspeed not 56K i will soon have both a highspeed version and a 56k version up and running with a server side script that directs you to the proper one. anyhow for now let me know about this one. Thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive! I like the intro!:xyxthumbs Let us know if it brings in more business. What is the cost to set up a site like this, and whi did you have do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s with the frames? it F`s up the layout on my machine...

haven`t looked around it... looks nice though other than the big white line in the middle cause of the frames
    Michael

Hummer may have seven slots, but it`s not spelled JEEP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know when you get the 56k version. I was hoping to see the high speed version, but if I wait on it, I won`t get my Christmas shopping finished in time.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Let me know when you get the 56k version. I was hoping to see the high speed version, but if I wait on it, I won`t get my Christmas shopping finished in time.

:lol it takes 5 min to load on 56k yeah that is really ridiculous, You should let it load for a couple min. It isn`t to shabby (or that is the consences (sp?) thus far everywhere i have asked for feedback)

but the 56k version will be done in maybe 1-2 weeks just before my pre-winter radio or whatever i decide advertising hits. I have realized how hard it really is to create design and actually populate a site with content to make it loook semi decent!

Post Thanks / Like
    I let it load for a lot longer than 5 minutes and it looked to be only 1/3 the way loaded at that point.

Honestly, I`m just not going to wait 15-20 minutes for it to load the front page. Do you have a link that would take me past that page and directly into the site content?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    What it was loading is the front page / navigation menu, i decided that splash screens are annoying, but integrating it into the menu was different. Untill i have time to code some non-flash stuff, i can only offer up a screen shot of the services page, the frame spliting white bar isn`t actually there in the page, but in my screen shot it is (Beats me):

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa. After looking at them prices the few customers I have are getting a deal! Then again, they are friends/relatives of my family, so...I like the site, but the whole half a page thing makes it somewhat cumbersome.

It`s nice to see people from the Buffalo area (oh, and a UBRF.org member) know how to keep their cars clean.

Edit: I think I`m looking at the pricing wrong, otherwise, it looks good. Let me know if you need any detailers in the Buffalo area, I need a job (gosh, my insurance is going to be $2350 a year on my car) and who better to hire than a autopian?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of dancing baloney and tunes. That`ll choke a 56K connection.

Three off the subject questions:

1 - How did you fix that red MDX`s bumper?

2 - What`s the glass treatment? $15???

3 - What`s your 1, 2 and 3 step waxes?

The site looked nice but I`ve got cable modem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well First things first.

Get rid of the frames!!! I know that you can use frames, but it really doesn`t look very good/professional.

Second thing is that you have to take into account all the people out there who run their desktops at a higher resolution than 800 x 600. At my 1280x1024, there`s an aweful lot of empty white space. And empty white space isn`t good.

Other than those two minor things, the site looks great. Might wanna change the font on the services page (kinda kills the whole clean lines look you got going there) and keep all the pages the same color.

Mkay... I`m done

Great animations too btw. Gotta love Flash!
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Site! I just love cable. The site took 5 seconds to load!!!!!

Nice Sound effects also!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive! I like the intro! Let us know if it brings in more business. What is the cost to set up a site like this, and whi did you have do it?

I had to so it beacuse i am about te be launching a pre-winter marketing camapign, and alot of it is web driven, it cost me alot of my labor effort, $10 per month for hosting, and $50 for purchase of some templates.

Whoa. After looking at them prices the few customers I have are getting a deal! Then again, they are friends/relatives of my family, so...I like the site, but the whole half a page thing makes it somewhat cumbersome.

The prices used to be lower, but my own customers advised me to increase them, so i did . I am going to tweak the layout a little after some of the feedback i have recieved. And as for the hiring thing, i will keep that in mind, i am currently looking for a building in buffalo, and i will need to have some staff and management. I will let you know, what is your UBRF user name??

Lots of dancing baloney and tunes. That`ll choke a 56K connection.

Three off the subject questions:

1 - How did you fix that red MDX`s bumper?

2 - What`s the glass treatment? $15???

3 - What`s your 1, 2 and 3 step waxes?

The site looked nice but I`ve got cable modem.

I am currently developing the 56k safe version, so it will all work out, The mdx bumper was a little bit of 3m compound by hand, and some menzerna intensive and final polish, the whole thing was finished off with #7 and s100 I believe.

The glass treatment is that i clay, polish and rain-x the glass. I am working on getting in a nice supply of aquapel, it will then include that instead of rain-x.

The 1 2 and 3 step is just an estimate of how many times i have to go over the car, IE: 1 step = just wax, 2step = glaze and wax, 3 step = polish glaze and wax (that costs more because polishing takes more than one trip around sometimes)

Well First things first.

Get rid of the frames!!! I know that you can use frames, but it really doesn`t look very good/professional.

Second thing is that you have to take into account all the people out there who run their desktops at a higher resolution than 800 x 600. At my 1280x1024, there`s an aweful lot of empty white space. And empty white space isn`t good.

Other than those two minor things, the site looks great. Might wanna change the font on the services page (kinda kills the whole clean lines look you got going there) and keep all the pages the same color.

Mkay... I`m done..

Ok, i was using the frames, just because it was simpler for me to do , what i can do is make it no frame, have that fun animation only on the homepage, and create a different nav bar for the rest of the pages?? sound like a good solution?? that would eliminate the frames.

The desktop resolution thing i have taken into account, i have been collecting browser stats on my last site for several months. I run at 1400 x 1050 on my own computer, and i realize that there is alot of white space. What i am thinking about doing is when i implement the detection software for detecting the connection speed on load, i may have it detect the resolution, and correct the pages accordingly. I am not sure of this yet as it will be a very complicated and time consuming task to complete.

All the pages were the same color.... I will have to look at that. And i just did change the font on that page to what someone else recomended... guess i cant get it right anyhow i will try again, what font do you suggest, it is a sans-serif as of right now but alas i will try again .

Thanks for all of the feeback from everyone!!! I really appreciate it, more than you could even know. If there is anything i can ever do for any of you, Just give me a shout

Thanks again

Michael Gleeson

Diamond detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tpgsr

The desktop resolution thing i have taken into account, i have been collecting browser stats on my last site for several months. I run at 1400 x 1050 on my own computer, and i realize that there is alot of white space. What i am thinking about doing is when i implement the detection software for detecting the connection speed on load, i may have it detect the resolution, and correct the pages accordingly. I am not sure of this yet as it will be a very complicated and time consuming task to complete.

Not that hard to do....need help PM me.

Need any help on the 56k version let me know i am web designer when i am bored.

Post Thanks / Like
    My UBRF username is RedGoober4life. I have only been posting there for maybe 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great site! It took me about 6 sec. to fully load up.

Now the one thing i don`t like is that i can only use less than half the web page to look at pictures, prices, specials, etc.

I would suggest that all pages open to full screen.

Best of luck with your business, and the web site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information