Thread: Buffers ???

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a new Makita model-9227cb with 600 rpm to 3,000 rpm. What i would like to know is when i use it at 600 rpm will i get swirls in the paint even when i keep moveing? and is that a good buffer/polisher? Thx for the help Q-Quest:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    I am planning on getting 9227c and going slow. I have aPC7424 to get the sap/acid rain/whatever etching out of my corvette.

the PC does not seem to gett it off. Where did you get your 9227 and how much, pls.

jcdouglass@comcast.net

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys need to be very very careful using something like that. The Pc will work wonders if you are using the right products and using them correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    My previous Makita lasted me 7 years. I bought the 9227c from Harbor Freight on sale for 149.99

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2001civicex

You guys need to be very very careful using something like that. The Pc will work wonders if you are using the right products and using them correctly.

Exactly! The PC is a very safe tool and can do anything you need with the right pad and product for the job at hand. Using a rotary at 600 rpm if you are not careful is asking for problems. One skip across the paint will leave you with some nice new burn marks. Oh yeah, those are fun. Once I bought my PC I started using it exclusively. Now the rotary collects dust in the basement, except for use on my boat in the spring time.

Be careful with a rotary. Buy a hood from a junk yard and practice until you get comfortable.
    2000 Lexus RX300

1995 Regal 322 Commodore

Post Thanks / Like
    HI i use my pc at 600rpm not 6000rpm and i bought it in Germany for the wholesale price of 200€ but ithink it costs 350€ to 450€ . iam very pleased with it and have not seen any swirls at all. its a good deal when you know how to use it properly.

100% Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly are the right products and pads for the PC

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to belive that both a Rotary and PC should be part of detailers arsenal.

Before you attack your car with a rotary get someone to show you how to use it, then practice on a junk piece. IF you go into a pannel show and offer one of the detailers or other technitions a slab (24cans) of beer or bottle or bourban, Im sure they`ll give you an hour of their time.

If you have to pratice on you own car get a finishing pad and something mild like Meguiars #9 or #81 even a machine polish #3 and get the hang of it.

Always use the least abbrasive method first and step up each product. IE.

1. Cut or compound.

2. Swirl remove Light cut

3. Swirl remove polish.

Also my tip is to alway make you last abrasive sep one off a swirl remover with a PC. I like to use 3m Perfect it III Machine Glaze with a Meguairs Yellow polishing PAd. This will remover those swirls and buffer marks from the rotary that even a professonal may have left on Dark cars.

Good luck

Sorry for the long post

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Young_Stallion

What exactly are the right products and pads for the PC

well, let`s start with this: The PC

Then, read this: Beginner`s Guide to the PC

As for pads, several sources, but here are the types: Advanced Pads and `Finger" pads: Finger pads

You do not have to shop there, just a reference point. Also see this chart: Pad chart

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read lots of threads about rotary buffers and lots of them are about burning the paint if you are not careful. Even the pros still makes mistakes. I don`t want to take that risk. I don`t even planning buying one. I`m using my PC and always satisfied with the results and always have a piece of mind using it.

Thread Information