Post Thanks / Like
    I will need a circular polisher next week. I`d like to rent one for a day or two. Is there anywhere I can get one around Boston metro are? I am in Arlington. Thanks a lot in advance.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not there...

Now, my wife would go to Lowe`s, and...

Ahhh, never mind

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Auto body and paint supply sotres or tool stores have loaners they give to clients that have their tools in the shop. Ask them to rent you the loaner. Be prepared to leave a deposit.

Companies such as United Rental also my have rentals.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use my polisher if it`s only for a day, save yourself the cash.

Buy me a coffee or something hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much, Joe, while I was waiting for the information, I managed to get the purchase approval from my wife and I got myself a cheap one (Vector). I think it should be good enough for me to play with as my first rotary polisher.

Thanks a lot for your offer. Where are you located around Boston? I may bug you later for polisher question, if you don`t mind.

What kind of coffee you like? sugar? milk? I sure will bring one if we meet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Porter Cable random orbital and a DeWalt rotary. If you have the cheap-o model, make sure you hold onto your receipt, you may want to return it after you use the Porter Cable.

I`m from South Boston, near Castle Island.

Just about any medium coffee is good with me. I rent part of a floor and I don`t have a garage so it would be best to meet at your place. I do all of my detailing a friends house. He let`s me use his garage, compressed air and anything else I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joed, I saw you had a review about the advanced pad and you seems to like it a lot. Have you used 3M`s waffle pad? That`s the only one I can get from local store if I need something quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kwik Auto Body Supply on Mystic Ave in Medford carries or can get everything from the 3M line as well as Meguiars pads and pro line products and they have other detailing products as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by matchbox

I managed to get the purchase approval from my wife and I got myself a cheap one (Vector). I think it should be good enough for me to play with as my first rotary polisher.

I picked up a Vector back in the spring and I`m extremely impressed with it. The only thing I didn`t like at first was the speed indicators. They aren`t numbered in rpm`s which you`d expect, but once I got used to it, I fell in love with it. Now I use the PC 7424 primarily and break out the Vector only when I need to. I mostly use the vector for my boat.

Good luck,

JP
    2000 Lexus RX300

1995 Regal 322 Commodore

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, thanks a lot for the info, I will check out Kwik Auot Shop, Medford isn`t very far from where I live (Arlington).

I don`t have the luxury of having both PC and a rotary. Mine is a 93 and has quite a lot bad swirls and scratchs, I tried to take out those by hand, but after 3 hrs all I got is two sour arms......hope the rotary will take care of them

Jeremy, what pads you use with the Vector?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a good rotary and know how to use it properly the best way to remove swirls would be to first start with a cutting foam pad and use some Megs DACP as it`s a good cleaner/polish for a rotary. Follow with Megs SFP with a white polish pad and see how well the gloss level is. If you want even more, go to Megs Hand Polish and a Grey finish pad.

Then, apply your wax and enjoy the shine!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by matchbox

Guys, thanks a lot for the info, I will check out Kwik Auot Shop, Medford isn`t very far from where I live (Arlington).

I don`t have the luxury of having both PC and a rotary. Mine is a 93 and has quite a lot bad swirls and scratchs, I tried to take out those by hand, but after 3 hrs all I got is two sour arms......hope the rotary will take care of them

Jeremy, what pads you use with the Vector?

I use the foam pads (green, blue and white) from premiumautocare. Although, I would also suggest Lake Country pads. I use the Lake Country pads for my PC7424 and they work great. Lot`s of others here swear by them as well. Let me know how you like the Vector. My friend and I both bought one and he likes his too.

Hope this helps you out.

Jeremy
    2000 Lexus RX300

1995 Regal 322 Commodore

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeremy, thanks for the info, where is the best place to get these Lake Country pads?

Have you used these: http://www.topoftheline.com/7oxrempad.html

They look very much like the finger pads at CMA with much lower price.

Post Thanks / Like
    same site, topoftheline.com.
    2000 Lexus RX300

1995 Regal 322 Commodore

Thread Information