Thread: website Hosting

Post Thanks / Like
    Who do yall use for website hosting for your websites . did you build it from scratch and did they have any templates for you to work off of ?

Thanx in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dawnskaybug

Who do yall use for website hosting for your websites . did you build it from scratch and did they have any templates for you to work off of ?

Thanx in advance

I had mine professionally done in flash for me because I know nothing about that kind of stuff. I pay around $20 a month for hosting and $40 per year to register the domain name. I find that most of the templates you can find are really basic and more suited to personal web sites - not business. You want to project an image of professionalism and a quickie template based web site doesn`t do that most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use godaddy.com for hosting and website templates...not design. I do my own designing, and of course..content.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    I do my hosting with a guy in our building. He offers me a great price and help. We had an Ice Storm in March and the blockout a few weeks ago. Our building never lost power, so I know reliability is there. His site is www.bluetowerhosting.com.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine helped me design my site (did server coding and what not for forms) and he also hosts it. He`s a great guy and does exceptional work. Prices can`t be beat either...

http://www.spyrablue.com/
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    I use ATI for hosting services ($19.95 a month) and my brother did my website. It is pretty basic right now and if he doesn`t upgrade it soon, I will have to pay someone else to redesign it. Unfortunately, my brother`s wife just had a baby so right now he doesn`t have a whole lot of time. Something about the baby being more important than my website or some nonsense like that!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Blue-Sun
    i use www.ipowerweb.com for my hosting. It was like 150 or so for a year of hosting and domain registration. . .

still have yet to build a site over on www.blue-sun.net. . .been too lazy, and it`s gonna be an online portfolio site, that I don`t really need for another year or so. . .one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone is interested in web design... I do it on the side. I`d be willing to help out if you need a re-design, or just a few fixes.

I use www.dot5hosting.com for my site... haven`t been with them long, so we`ll see how it is. www.godaddy.com for my domain registration.
    Michael

Hummer may have seven slots, but it`s not spelled JEEP.

Thread Information