Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by paco

I definitely wouldn`t turn away business at such an early stage. Agree to some sort of concession to gain the business with an understanding that it`s only an introductory offer based on assurances that a minimum X number of cars / day would be part of the agreement. Getting your name around a company of that size could help in the long run ...

It depends. In my case, it wasn`t worth it at all, either with the construction company or a used car lot. All I got was a low price for my services and a lot of headaches.

If rlspringer can have an option to raise his prices as needed agreed to by this company, then maybe it will work out.

Originally posted by zenhog

That`s very true Scott. It`s a guess as to whether you`re going to spend that 50% extra time picking your nose because the day includes 10 cars, or using that time to make the extra $50 that you wouldn`t make otherwise. Now if I have labor costs that could have been sent home then the $50 might go straight into their pockets.. or close to it. That may not be worth it.

Good point, but if it takes 8 hours to do the first 10, do you want to work another 4 hours, making it a 12 hour day for $50 more? If you could do the other 5 cars in a couple of hours, then it would probably be worth it at that point.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Dump the job. People like that, that are very price sensitive, will dump you in a heart beat for the next kid that comes down the road that charges a dollar less than you.

You want them to do biz with you for the total service you offer. Price is one factor but so is the products you use, if your reliable and so on.

Stick to your prices. If they go to some body else let them. Give them a call back in a month or two to check up on them. I think what they need is some hacker splash -n- dashers to do their cars before they will fully appreciate you.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

I stuck with my guns and price. I blew them away on the quality. I did 4 washes ranging from $25-$35 and the results were great. I have a full detail scheduled next Friday. One of the big shots mentioned that my washes were a lot better than the previous guy they had. The security head was shocked at the wash I did on his car. (pics to follow). He is a heavy smoker and after cleaning the interior he could not tell that he smoke in the car. I could not get the smell removed since it was only a wash, but he mentioned that in a couple of weeks he would like me to really clean the interior. Don`t know if I can remove the smell in the vents, but the inside will smell clean. Customers asked me about the price, but when they see the results - all mention that it is worth the price. QUALITY RULES!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear.

Wurth has an A/C vent deodorizer or you can go the route I take. I spray some Lysol (Crisp Linen) with the fans set on the high setting and in taking fresh air. Makes the vent smell clean and fresh.

Keep up the good work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information