Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Auto Care,

Great minds MUST think alike because my wife and I have been talking about things and my wife said, "Why don`t you just raise your prices and do less work for more money?"

This is an option that I will most likely implement at the first of the year. I`ll increase my prices across the board because actually I have not raised my prices in at least 2 years. By the way when I wrote that great minds must think alike I meant yours and my wifes obviously, and not mine and yours

Thanks again,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Anthony,

How about this, I am going to talk about something ancillary to your other favorite subject.

ShineShop gets a 10 for his response Anthony and other responses to you have hit the target rather close to the bull’s-eye. As you know Anthony I am an analyst however I also owned my own business, rather I was part of a family owned business and I understand exactly the frustration that goes with growing a business. Auto Care USA said it best however – “Anthony as you delegate more work to your assistant I can only advise you that no matter how much you delegate to other people if they don`t share our passion your in trouble.†So what do you do? Today I have a successful business as well as my contract with the Navy via a private company I work for, all due to something I learned years ago growing up. If you want to be successful, seek out and immerse or surround yourself with successful people who you feel closely resembles your beliefs, moralities and importantly your personality, then learn from them and emulate what they do. This does not necessarily mean they have to be in the same business.

I regret not going to college but life simply got in the way however, I did search out and identify successful people and learned as much as I could from them. And if I couldn’t get all the information I wanted from them, I simply read a lot. One of the most successful business people I have recently met up with is Jim Bland. He is president of Peak Performance Business Solutions, Inc. No I am not part of his business solutions business; I met Jim through a friend who was asked, as it so happened, to go to work for him. On Jim’s business card it reads “The Competitive Edge for Business Developmentâ€. Jim has successfully started several businesses and then went on to sell them for substantial profits. Jim has travel throughout the country lecturing on business development and has been sought after for advice for years. He began his present business for, in part, the points you stated at the beginning of your thread. The other reason is to give either new business owners or flailing businesses a competitive edge with education and proper tools. And you know as well as I, the failure rate of new businesses is astronomical. The reason these new businesses fail? Technically they know what they are doing but from a business perspective, they haven’t a clue and this very important aspect is what gobbles them up.

There is no reason you cannot contact Jim either by phone at 301 737-4400 or visit his website at www.peakperformancebusiness.com. It won’t cost you anything to call Jim for information and who knows; you just might help either other detailers or that new fledgling by what you learn when you contact him.

Best of luck to you Anthony.

Bruceâ€..
    XK140 DHC

<A HREF=http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=998&thumb=1&si=1957+jaguar+xk1 40+dhc> Before and After Acrylic-Wërks</A>

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also never satisfied. I stop because I promised the vehicle in 4 hours and on am going into 6 now!!

I am great at delagating work. I have decided to expand. I have been no more than a two man show for the last 13 years. So who better to train detailers to detail just right than me.

It is going to be hard to trust them but I am killing myself doing it all by myself.

I call it a curse. I can`t even enjoy buyng a car (ne wor used) because I see all the flaws in it-- UUUUUGH!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce,

Thanks for the info and well wishes, appreciate that.

Superior,

I hear you on the "killing myself" part! I am not sure about the rest of the pros reading and contributing here on this thread but my kness, wrists, fingers and especially the toes in my right foot really ACHE!!

As for buying cars, well I notice that same things but I just see it as another challenge. Detail the car then take it back to the dealer and tell them this is how it should look when someone drives it off the lot!

I detailed a black BMW the other day but was really unsatisfied with the results so I told the client to bring it back to me next week. He was understanding and agred to drop it off with me next week sometime. It is mainly the hood and trunk that I would like to go over.......for another 3 hours,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Superior Shine. I too have been detailing for 15 years now. 5 years working for others and the other years for myself. I have met some great people in this business and have been fortuneate to keep in touch with them. It helps alot to know a few good people who unserstand what it`s about. If you are feeling a little tired of "hauling the load" you probably should find new customers who appreciate you more or can pay a higher fee for you work. Dont allow a customer to pay less for a service you can provide well. You will be doing us all a favor.

Ryan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information