Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bis,

My point is on "leveling". AW, as I call it, can put a shine to the paint but it CANNOT level the paint. Take a close look at the Chevy truck pictures in this thread that I posted and will update, weather permitting, tomorrow. You can see that the AW side, while it provided a shine, it did not or could not level the paint. I will demonstrate more of this tomorrow.

I would like to draw everyones attention to the post Mark posted soon after my test and the results. He gave me instructions on how to get better results from the AW and I will follow his advice tomorrow but I would then ask how come these instructions are not on the bottle??

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Smoker,

Yep that`s it!

I am guessing that a proper wetsanding and then a careful polishing and bufing would bring back that finish to a much better state. The paint would be thinner of course but alot of that dullness would be much glossier. There is "shine" and then there is "gloss" and "depth". The above picture shows "shine" but no gloss and depth.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Smoker for proving my point so well! This pic show two things, first of all I used a terrible digital camera and I apologize for that, but more importantly, look at the roughness of the surface and then look at the reflection of the shop lamp. Is there a shine? Yep! There it is. And hey, you can even see reflection of the bumper coming off the paint as well. Great shot Smoker, thanks.

This is again the paint job every detailer told me they would not touch and as well they shouldn’t have. It just goes to show that the point here is, and I will repeat it as many times as necessary, that it is all about how Acrylic-WÃrks is capable of working on just about any surface I have seen. If the surface is smooth, you will get just the most outstanding results. Now am I trying to take something away from detailers? Nope, as a matter of fact those of you out there who are reputable, and provide customers great service, bring an invaluable service. All I am doing is focusing on the incredible capability you see even in the photo you placed on your reply Smoker. Oh by the way, it would be much better if you could have scaled the picture down just a tad. It took my system a long time to load the picture up. I live out in Timbuktu where we use turtles to link to the internet, and they have to swim the Potomac first.

So in closing, in respect to my Jag’s finish, no one has ever claimed this product would turn a silk purse from a sow’s ear, it just makes the sow’s ear a little more enjoyable to look at. Get the point? Now had I taken a picture of my Taurus before selling it Smoker, you would really be eating your words.

Here is another angle of the Jag - Enjoy.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    XK140 DHC

<A HREF=http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=998&thumb=1&si=1957+jaguar+xk1 40+dhc> Before and After Acrylic-Wërks</A>

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

I sure wish I had you and Smoker close to me when I first went around looking for local detailers. Perhaps I can send someone from here to you to tutor then we will have good detailers down here in S. MD. Again that is why I like this forum. As far as detailed instructions on the bottle of Acrylic-WÃrks; common guys there is not enough surface area to put all the details on the bottle but hey, maybe a set of instructions can be placed in the packaging. Not a bad idea there Anthony. I hope Mark sees this one.
    XK140 DHC

<A HREF=http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=998&thumb=1&si=1957+jaguar+xk1 40+dhc> Before and After Acrylic-Wërks</A>

Post Thanks / Like
    Acrlic-werks=not impressed :down

id rather take a couple hours and compound and level the paint and then zaino my car for flawless results than use a shady one step product. sorry but thats how most of us feel here. maybe if we were lazy and didnt have common sense we would buy this product :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all Diggs, a 40+ year old oxidized paint job with paint so thin (such as areas of the trunk) that primer is showing through just simply cannot be compounded and leveled. This has been covered over and over again. Lazy you say? Please excuse me for saying this, but how in the world can you have missed the point which has been made so often less one is so lazy as not to read everything written. This is incredible, I come out with details and pictures of my own experience and experience from others I have met and all you can do is come out with some sort of quip jibe based on NO personal experience of your own on this product? And this is how, as you say, most of you feel? Feel? Since when are professionals suppose to feel? I am an analyst and researcher by trade and I don’t feel when I write minutiae on weapon systems, I dig into information and get precise facts before stating my case. So before you continue throwing around your feelings Diggs get down and dirty and dig up some facts. And I cannot believe other professionals accept your talking on their behalf. I am sure they have tons more common sense than to make such an ignorant statement. Just to make sure you understand, ignorant only means not having facts, being unaware and it also means being rude, it does not mean to be stupid so don’t even go there.

This forum is for cool, calm and educated people to pass along good solid substantiated information and facts Diggs. Customers with exotic and expensive cars look for detailers who are educated, open minded and well experienced – nothing else will do! And they are the ones who will spend large amounts of money for you to detail their cars. Are you willing to jeopardize that? Get the facts Diggs and put your feelings aside.
    XK140 DHC

Post Thanks / Like
    biswartz, Have you actually tried using any better products or compounding/leveling your paint on the Jag? What else have you used in attempting to revive the paint? Also if anyone would be interested in selling me a small sample of AW I am interested in trying this stuff. Please PM me.

Thanks,

Matt
    Ford Ranger 4x4

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by biswartz

First of all Diggs, a 40+ year old oxidized paint job with paint so thin (such as areas of the trunk) that primer is showing through just simply cannot be compounded and leveled. This has been covered over and over again. Lazy you say? Please excuse me for saying this, but how in the world can you have missed the point which has been made so often less one is so lazy as not to read everything written. This is incredible, I come out with details and pictures of my own experience and experience from others I have met and all you can do is come out with some sort of quip jibe based on NO personal experience of your own on this product? And this is how, as you say, most of you feel? Feel? Since when are professionals suppose to feel? I am an analyst and researcher by trade and I don’t feel when I write minutiae on weapon systems, I dig into information and get precise facts before stating my case. So before you continue throwing around your feelings Diggs get down and dirty and dig up some facts. And I cannot believe other professionals accept your talking on their behalf. I am sure they have tons more common sense than to make such an ignorant statement. Just to make sure you understand, ignorant only means not having facts, being unaware and it also means being rude, it does not mean to be stupid so don’t even go there.

This forum is for cool, calm and educated people to pass along good solid substantiated information and facts Diggs. Customers with exotic and expensive cars look for detailers who are educated, open minded and well experienced – nothing else will do! And they are the ones who will spend large amounts of money for you to detail their cars. Are you willing to jeopardize that? Get the facts Diggs and put your feelings aside.

first off my post had nothing to do with you or your rides otherwise it would have been in quotes. second you sound like awmarks personal partner and marketer. i have spent over 500 dollars this summer on tools and products to find an adaquate system for detailing cars and im almost there. and yes i think i can speak for most of the board cause if you have read most of the posts on this thread they feel the same way. after looking at anthonys results im not impressed. if awmark is saying we need to follow his 10 steps or whatever steps and do all this extra stuff then the product isnt as easy as he says it is. bottom line is after reading every single post on this thread and seein anthonys results and lookin forward for more i can justify my post. if u dont like it too bad cause thats my opinion and in the united states and on this board i can voice my opinion. have any questions? :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Diggs,

The instructions are not directed to a professional craftsmen like yourself rather they are intended more for the average person like me. Oh and guess what? I have discovered detailers are able to adapt this product with their application process – not replace their entire arsenal of products.

Now that we have that settled, I will not spend hundreds of dollars for tools because that is not my business. I personally was only looking for a product that would work for me as an average car owner, not a detailer. And I found one. If it had been any other product I would be doing the same thing with that product. Hey, I bet you too have your favorite product.

You just might have stumbled onto something there Diggs; maybe I should go into business with Mark – Hmm, that would be quite a money maker with the results I have “personally†seen. You have only seen a few picks from Anthony and Mark and you have not seen it in person. Sorry, all claims and opinions are not worth a plug nickel if they are not backed up with experience. But hey, you can voice your opinion as much as you want.

“I`m not sure I want popular opinion on my side -- I`ve noticed those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.†Author, Bethania McKenstry,

Respectfully,

Bruce
    XK140 DHC

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has gotten way out of hand. The last post was deleted due to inappropriate language and personal attacks. Strike one to the poster! Keep it civil... keep it clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Diggs

i like to go back to the original questions asked early in this thread: for example... how does this product remove swirls and oxidation without abrasives?

I think the hype claims of this product have been quite completely explored already. Mark has stated (albeit only after some prodding) he doesn`t know how it removes swirls. It`s possible it has some abrasiveness, and it`s possible it just minimizes their appearance a-la Klasse SG or Zaino Z5. Or it`s possible it doesn`t do anything for them.

From the pictures I`ve seen here, it seems to justify (at least somewhat) some of the claims. It did appear to lessen the swirls when Anthony used it, it does appear to work decently on oxidation, and BradNC said it worked pretty well on his trim (apparently the only thing he liked about the product). Does it do these better than other products out there? Maybe, maybe not. Does it pique your interest? Maybe, maybe not. Would you shell out to try it after evaluating all the available info, and knowing how your current favorites perform? Maybe, maybe not.

You could have tried for a free sample if you were interested in seeing how it works. If you aren`t interested in how it works, no problem. But I really don`t see what you are contributing by just rehashing the first 5 pages of this thread. You aren`t sharing any experience with it, or offering up how it compares to other products. All you are doing is increasing the likelihood of this thread getting locked.

Edit: Oh, David beat me...

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, let`s all take a deep breath..........and relax. It seems that this thread has gone over to the dark side :angry

Let`s try and get things back on track or else, as Aurora stated, it might be locked:nono

I went and got my new camera and after messing with it for a bit I was ready to take a few snaps of the truck again. I pulled the truck into my driveway and it was very over cast with the sun breaking out just every so often. So I took the waiting time to investigate both panels and I then QD`d both sides down with Poorboys. I took a few snaps but because of the clouds it showed nothing really.

Both sides still had a nice feel to them and upon a real eyeballed close inspection I could still see scratches/swirls in the AW side. Then the sun broke out and I was able to take a few snaps. The first one is the side I did via conventional means. This is just after a Poorboys QD wipe down. There is still no polish on my side just the cleaning process.

Some slight linear scratches can be seen in the picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the AW side with no additional applications but just a Poorboys QD wipe down.

The scratches/swirls are much more obvious and I did my best to get the same angle and sun shot on both panels.

I can do more AW applications and then polish out my side but truthfully I have to ask "Why?" It is so obvious that AW does nothave the power to level paint, I don`t care how long you rub on the surface. Now it may be good for an already properly prepped surface but as a stand alone product (with all of its claims) I believe it fails.

Again you decide

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

The first one is the side I did via conventional means. This is just after a Poorboys QD wipe down. There is still no polish on my side just the cleaning process.

WOW!! That`s the nicest looking crappy failing paint I`ve ever seen! I can only imagine how nice decent paint would look when you`re done with it (though, now that you`ve got a better camera, we`ll be able to see some of your masterpieces)!

If you still see that vehicle around occasionally, it would be interesting to see how long the Acrylic-Werks side stays protected. I guess it might be hard to tell on such a beater as that part will probably always look better than the untouched parts of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    the 1st one looks a lot better than the 2nd. i agree with anthony.

P.S. sorry if u had to delete that other post im a blunt person. sorry if i dont bash on other people using a system of rules and regulations. i stand by my word.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information