Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AWMark

My intentions are to bring a new product to the table that most of you would have never encountered unless you were in military. We knew that the only way to convince folks of what this polish was capable of, was to do live demonstrations on the vehicles that pulled up. Eliminated the guessing game.

Hey Mark,

I`m sure you didn`t mean to be insulting to other products, and you seem like a nice guy who believes in what he`s selling. No hard feelings.

That said, you yourself say that it takes seeing the product in action to sell people on it. So have you thought about sending out samples?

The photos and head-to-head with Anthony are great, and if you left him a bottle, he could post some longer-term results. However, there are still a million factors that don`t come through in a picture. I personally don`t have any oxidized beaters that I want to easily restore some luster to. And I really don`t have any horribly swirled cars, though I (like many) do battle with swirling.

So, while I don`t doubt that your product looks much better than oxidized paint, or can restore a neglected mirror-housing, I really will never see from pictures how your product will look on a deep, dark, metallic red in excellent shape with at most light spiderwebbing. Nor can I tell if it beads more than a coat of Blackfire, or looks deeper than a coat of Souveran, or lasts longer than a coat of Klasse SG (another acrylic).

If you were to send out samples or free bottles or something, that would go a long way towards solidifying peoples` opinions about your product.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK here it is. I found a thrashed truck down the street that sits out in the sun and rain and Texas hail since the guy bought it home a couple of years ago. There is also overspray all over the truck.

It was very hot today and the truck had been in the sun all afternoon so I pulled it up in my driveway and followed the instructions on the bottle of Acrylic-Werks to the "T".

I started the AW side at 2:43 PM and I even washed it down first then clayed it to remove the overspray. I was going to see if the AW would remove the overspray on its own but it was too hot to mess around anymore than I had to. I applied the AW per the instructions on the bottle that Mark gave me. The surface was very hot and I am still amazed at how they recommend using it in the full sun. I figured that since it was designed in Germany their sun is nothing like my Texas heat and sun so it may be no problem for them.

The AW did put a gloss to the finish and made the surface smooth, but that is mainly due to the clay, but I coul dsee nothing being done to the scratches and swirls. I used several different towels and even a MF towel but nothing for the scratches. I even tried medium to light pressure but still nothing. So I called it quits at 3:17. A total time of 34 minutes.

Below will be 2 BEFORE pictures. The first one is before it was clayed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the AW side after it was clayed

Post Thanks / Like
    The AW side after about 15 minutes of rubbing

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought it completely removes swirls?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the final picture of the AW side. I did a final rub down with a MF towel. The end result is a fairly nice gloss but some scratches/swirls were left. I am not sure if more rubbing would of done anything to eliminate the rest but it was just too hot and I wanted to get my side done before the rains came.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the same to my side at first. I washed it down then clayed it. My side also had the brunt of the overspray but the clay took care of that.

I was going to use only my PC and only store bought chemicals but then I thought no, I`ll use what I would norammly use on a finish like this. Afterall this is the Professional Detailers thread so I`ll treat it like I was doing it for real.

Here is my side before

Post Thanks / Like
    I first hit it with an orange pad at 1500 RPMs and Meguiars #4.

Then two passes with a polishing pad and Hi-Temps Light Cut at various speeds.

That`s it!

There is no polish on my side and no wax or sealants.

You all be the judge

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I started my side at 3:40 PM and ended at 4:10 PM. So the times are just about the same but I believe the results are vastly different. Frankly after using the AW myself I can`t see how anyone, professional or weekend warrior, would subject themselves to using this product out in the sun.

Also let me explain that Light Cut does have "polishing" qualities to it but there is no gloss enhancing polishes on my side as in Menzerna Final Polish, AIO, Vanilla Moose, no Poorboys nor any #7 or #9.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Anthony for all of your work in this matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

It does look like the visibility of the swirls was reduced with the Acrylic Werks. While still visible, they are less noticeable. I wonder how long that lasts for, or if it is permanent?

On your side, you didn`t get the sun in the panel as you did for the AW side. Would it be possible for you to take another shot of it tomorrow?

Also, does High-Temp Light Cut have any fillers? I mean, if you wiped the panel down with some alcohol and water, would some light swirling appear?

Thanks for posting up the picts. I would still be curious about non-photographable aspects of the AcrylicWerks, such as how it beads, looks, shines, and lasts. So far it sounds/looks a fair amount like that other acrylic: Klasse. AIO can cut through oxidation like a champ, and SG has a noticeable effect on the appearance of swirls without really removing them. But it has one benefit in that it is more flexible because SG can be re-added without it re-cleaning the paint. It would seem AcrylicWerks doesn`t have that option.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Aurora,

First, Light Cut does not contain fillers, at least as far as I have tested with alcohol and water mixture. If it did I would be less likely to use it.

As for taking a picture with the sun in it, the sun had moved by the time I was done and we had some thunderstorms moving in but I did take another picture from a slightly different angle. You can see that in the panel just next to mine that the sun is caught on the egde just a bit and swirls/scratches are visible but none on the panel I did. If possible (if I don`t get home to late) I`ll take another picture of my panel with the sun directly in it.

I will also post another picture of the AW finished side with less sun in it but some slight swirls are still present. Now I am not bashing AW as just a horrible product because it did put a shine in the paint but I doubt it alone could remove the overspray and if it did then we know for sure it has an abrasive cleaner in it. My problem with AW is the time and effort one must put into it.

If I can take another picture tomorrow I will then also polish it and wax it.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Another view of the finished AW side.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for my own clarification...

With the AW product you applied a single step product by hand in about 30 minutes.

On "your" side you applied 2 products by PC in about 30 minutes.

Is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I would like to see the AW side in direct sunlight. I would say that the finish will look a little glossy but all of the imperfections will still be there.

Brad

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information