Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, how are you doing? Now I did read your lenghty reply and after reviewing my pages again I realized that some of the statements made it sound like all waxes and compounds are the same. I will correct that, but I will not completely recant those remarks simply because there is some absolute truth to those statements.

When I demo things like bug shields, wind deflectors around the windows, bubble windows on camper shells and windshields on motorcycles the first thing out of my customers mouth is , will your product scratch this surface? The answer is always no, and the live demo proves that point each and every time. I use these items during the demo (if available) to show the customer that the ploish has no ability to cut or abrate the surface no matter what the condition, new or so oxidized it has turned flat black or milky white.

Today, I demo`d a Warrant Officers "Mystic" 1998 Ford Mustang. Of course the first thing that caught my eye from 20 yards away was his faded headlamps. I told him I could fix those on the spot, so he agreed to the demo. I fixed the drivers side lamp in about 10 minutes to perfect clarity (I quit getting gold oxidation in my washcloth). Second, his cowl was extremely faded, and I fixed that as well as the faded wiper arms and then the faded rubber seals around the windshield and along the drivers side window. He asked before I could offer if there was any chance of getting the swirls out of his paint. I did the rear spoiler as a demo and spent a good 15 minutes on the spoiler. When I was done, it would be safe to say 95% of the swirls were gone and only at some angles could you even make out some faint swirls. Needless to say that demo earned me another customer and he was definately going back to work to show everyone the results and promised to send more people my way. I will stand by my statement again, "I have yet, in seven years had a customer hand me $30.00 after a live demo because I was a nice guy".

I will post more pictures of these live demos so you can see what I see. I too will do my best to capture swirl marks on film and get before and after photos. Everyone have a nice night and a prosperous tomorrow.

Mark G.

Post Thanks / Like
    after looking at the pictures in your gallery i have come to 1 conclusion. photography lessons are your friend.
    B&W Speakers, Transparent cables, Classe amps coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AWMark

" . . . the ploish has no ability to cut or abrate the surface . . . " [sic]

" . . . it would be safe to say 95% of the swirls were gone . . . "
    I find these statements to be at odds with one another. If your polish has no abrasive qualities, then it must be filling (not removing) swirls. If it actually does remove swirls, then I`d like to know how it can do so without abrasives. :nixweiss

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    You call this a reflection? :nixweiss

Now THIS is reflection..... (ala ScottWax....) :bounce

Any questions?:nixweiss
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Slightly Modified) - Black
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - Black Metallic
    2012 Yamaha Stryker - Red Metallic
    2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, one is silver while the other car is black, which will give a better mirror-like reflection. Now if you could find another silver car in someone`s gallery to compare with, it might be more valid.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    it might be me but I am getting tired of hearing how great this product is on trim, winshield wipers, cowls, headlights, etc. This product sounds like AIO to me. By the way AIO also does a great job on these other areas as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by iceman

Yeah, one is silver while the other car is black, which will give a better mirror-like reflection. Now if you could find another silver car in someone`s gallery to compare with, it might be more valid.:nixweiss

Oh, Ok......

:wavey
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Slightly Modified) - Black
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - Black Metallic
    2012 Yamaha Stryker - Red Metallic
    2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    haha I was making the same assumptions to thomasfl. Like Klasse AIO on trim pieces and such. Why not just market it as a trim restorer? I would also like to know how swirls are removed without an abrasive product? Must be the toweling then right? Even some mechanical action is involved. Do you has a MSDS for acylicwerks?

Take a look in my gallery.... 1995 Silver caravan with 107K or so neglected for the past 8 years, just aquired and been trying to take care of it. It is clean now at least (still working on the SOS pad issues on the hood.)

2000 Ti Silver BMW 323Ci, Klasse and One Grand Blitz. Since my desktop is down and my camera is down in New Orleans, I can`t upload the new pictures from last week with Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    Now we`re getting some responses. First, the photos of my car were taken in the direct sun light. I will pull my car into my garage and photograph it again, then you will have a comparable photo. Thomas it may be tiring, but I just want someone who will tell me from their personal experiences, where are the swirl marks comming from? What creates swirl marks that are small circle abrasions and expand open to much larger circular abrasions, very similar to looking at a record in the sun? Now if we know what the culprit is, why do we continue to use it?

What I have concluded is; It amazes me to how many cars (visually) need to be restored. Talking with customers, the ones who can afford or desire a professional detail job will have it done. Those who prefer to maintain their personal vehicles are my customers to land, and again it will boil down to results. If you get results they buy, if you don`t they will not buy. It`s that simple. You will never fully appreciate the way I do my business until you can come out and spend a day with me in the trenches.

Mark G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, I would also like to see the MSDS. Could you please post it or PM me it or a link to it.

Thank you,

--Matt
    Ford Ranger 4x4

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the dilemma Mark, and you and I have spoken about this before, you claim that swirls are introduced into the paint because of an abrasive product, which most here would agree with, but yet you also ask why we continue to use these products? Well our question to you is:

"IF abrasives CAUSE the swirls how then can a NON-abrasive product remove them??"

Swirls and scratches are caused by abrasions to the top coat, whether it be a single stage or a clear, and in order to remove them one must "level" the paint down to where the abrasions are. This can be done with a mechanical cleaner, like DACP or SSR2, or with a chemical cleaner which cleans via heat and friction from a buffer. In either case the paint is being leveled so people here are asking how can AcrylicWerks remove swirls and scratches WITHOUT abrasives ???

Your logic is that if abrasives caused the swirls then stop using the abrasives but what you are not figuring is that it was IMPROPER use of the abrasives that caused swirls. If possible please explain how AcrylicWerks removes swirls and scratches without covering them up.

Thanks Mark,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Final thought, I`m pretty positive that each individual has their product preferences, and that`s great. I`m introducing my product as a way to offer the consumer an option, if they are looking for the first time or just want to replace their current products. We all want the products we use to be the best, and of course we will defend our products when challenged.

This is why I chose to fight my battles on the parking lot doing the demonstrations on the customers cars, for the last seven years. This way no matter what comes out of my mouth, the demonstration results stand on their own. I was able to stay at 32nd Street Naval Base off and on for 4 years. I`m never afraid to go back to an old base we visited and always look forward to seeing my customers again. You can attempt to dispute this, but I hope the dispute is based on some personal experience. In the end, like anything else, you earn a customer base and really it`s up to the company that the consumer put his loyalty with to keep that customer.

Mark G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, no one here is questioning your customers and their loyalty to you. You always seem to bring that up. What people are questioning and are asking is just what my previous post pointed out.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by iceman

Silver huh? And in the sun? Okay...:p

BTW, Mark, could you please answer Anthony`s last question to you? How can a (as you claim your product is) non abrasive product level the paint and remove swirls?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think Mark is ever going to answer these direct questions. He knows that the experience and knowledge level here is far higher than his normal "customers" and that any technical insight will just open a larger can of worms for him. He also knows we cannot be fooled by product demos and the "see for yourself" mentality that typically works with people who do not have the extensive experience and deep knowledge that most Autopians possess. We`ve all been to county fairs and car shows and seen the miracle products and we know better. Anyone can put together a convincing demo and impress the masses. There`s no question that the members of this community are sophisticated enough to see past the sizzle and want to know what the steak is really made of.

I`m not suggesting Mark is lying or even deceiving us, just that he`s not willing to divulge detailed info to a group of people who can put 2 and 2 together and figure out what is really going on. I`ve read a lot of his posts here and on other forums and he`s said precious little about his product`s composition and ingredients. I do not see this changing anytime soon.

Hopefully someone here will win the lottery and can afford to have a whole bunch of products spectrochemically analysed so those that want to know what`s in their favorite products will have all their questions answered. Anyone know what the Powerball is up to now??
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information