Post Thanks / Like
    My gf`s dad`s co-worker/good buddy got a brand new silver Mitsubishi SUV (forgot the name) a couple days ago. Being super eager and all he decides to wash it the other day....with a kitchen sponge...using the green side :scared . From the digicam pics there`s this mondo scratch/swirl on the hood and long scratch on one of the lower door panels.

I`m gonna grab some medium cut, maybe even scratchX and give it a go with the PC this weekend. I`ll be sure to post before/after pics.

My gf`s dad tried to remove a bird bomb off the the trunk of his dark blue 325i a year ago or so. He used a damp napkin. A big scratch mark is there now . Haven`t got around to fixing that one yet.
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t wait to see before/after pics and methods/products used.

Post Thanks / Like
    People are so clueless when it comes to detailing. How could you use a kitchen sponge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not only a kitchen sponge, THE GREEN SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like
    WHy do people think Scotch Brite is ok to use on polished finishes?!

Weither it be marble, lenoium, formica, paint, stainless steer, aluminum, brass, copper, etc. Even glass!

It amazes me what some people do.

Patrick
    :grrr :angry :nixweiss :nono :shocked

OMG, no offense but that tops the list...........

Post Thanks / Like
    I have better, my next door neighboors wife used one of those metal pads you use on kitchen pans to get some bird poop off. Wow nothing could help it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be able to top that. There is a lady in my neighborhood that uses a PUSHBROOM to wash here 2001 mercury grand marquis!:scared

I am talking about a designed for rough surfaces, bought at lowe`s PUSHBROOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    haha remeber the Audi JGV did some guy used steel wool all over to get off some road tar. Some people are well im not gonna say that but clueless.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was about 12 years old our church had a car wash to raise money for a retreat we went on every year. One of my friends somehow got ahold of a steel wool pad and took it to a guy`s car thinking it would help in getting the dirt off his rocker panels. Needless to say the results were less than spectacular. The man wasn`t too upset and still gave us some money for cleaning the car though. He said he didn`t really care too much about his car and just stopped to have his car washed so he could give us some money.
    .: HellR :.

Post Thanks / Like
    my g/f`s mom`s co-worker did the exact same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel bad for not stopping at some of the fundraising carwashes - but I`ve heard stories like that too many times, and I really don`t wanna damage my paint any more than it already is (the car was a dozen years old when I bought it). It`s due for a repaint - but only when funds allow, which might not be for some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here`s my story, and yes I actually did this. When I was 13, and my mom bought a new car, I tried to take care of it. One day a bird bomb came crashing down on the hood and was about 2 inches in diameter. I took some wet paper towels and wiped the crap off. The next thing I knew, there was a huge spot that was all scratched up. I felt really bad, but I didn`t know what else to do. A month later, my sister crashed the car and it got repainted, so the scratches were gone .

Since then, I`ve been really careful with what I use on the paint. Just wanted to share one of my stories.

Thread Information