Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What was the story on those late-night infommercial waxes? Could any wax stand up to having a flame on it for a brief moment?

Has anybody tried that Auri product? What was it like?
    2002 Subaru WRX Wagon

World Rally Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    I just thought of something. He keeps mentioning how it improved the look of my black trim. How then did I apply the product "incorrectly" on the paint if I applied it the same way to both paint and trim?

Hmmmmm

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RhinoNC

What was the story on those late-night infommercial waxes? Could any wax stand up to having a flame on it for a brief moment?

Heat rises. The surface of the paint doesn`t get much above what it would in the direct sun at noon on a July day in Phoenix. It may leave some soot behind that is easily wiped away.

Has anybody tried that Auri product? What was it like?

Yeah, I saw it at Pep Boys (about 14-15 years ago) and it was very abrasive and practically welded itself to my paint...very difficult to buff off. Average shine at best.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Notice that for the "flame" they used lighter fluid and NOT gasoline!!!

Gasoline would NOT just dance around on the paint but it would actually bubble the paint but lighter fluid is very light and evaporates quickly and it leaves behind, like Scott said, a black soot which can be wiped away with just about any QD.

Smoke and mirrors......

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a PS to the whole thing - i had an email from a rather indignant guy about how good Akrylic-Junk made his jag look.

Heres the photo he attached ......

Need I say more ?

If thats the sort of finish theyre proud of ..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    they should make a ADPA [automotive detailing product association] That checks all these mystery products prevents the damageing of peoples paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the latest update that I just posted on Web Cars:

Author: Brad Mitchell

Date: 06-30-03 20:55

Dear Heavens....seems like I`m famous now. : ) For those who don`t know, I`m the Brad referred to so many times during this thread. First of all, I would like for everyone to know that Mr. Gonzales did issue me a full refund and sent me a sample of the product and an instruction video. Thanks!

Here is the latest update. The same day I received the sample and instruction video, I watched the video and took notes to make sure that everything was clear. I then went outside the garage and pulled my car out in the sun and even got out the TV/VCR combo and put it up on a stand beside the car. I even worked on the same part of the hood that Mark worked on in the demo video of him working on a truck and applied the product along with him with the video playing.

The end result was that the surface was clean at the end of the application BUT the spiderwebs/swirls were still there. Frankly, I`m just moving on. I`ve tried the product twice now and it didn`t work for me. Perhaps when I`m in Austin next time visiting my brother I will look up Mr. Gonzalez for a personal evaluation. Mark, one thing you might want to do on the next demo tape is to show a close-up in direct sunlight of the finished square you worked. It looked clean in the demo tape, the same as my car always does until you get it in direct sunlight. Perhaps the product is best used on older more oxidized vehicles or ones where surface imperfections have been removed first.

Just my .02

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Smoker,

Ummm....please tell me that that pic is the "BEFORE" pic and you forgot to post the "AFTER" pic...right?? :nixweiss

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brad,

I am glad that you got your money back!!! Also, Thank You for writing about this experience! There are so many garbage products out there, yet their marketing makes them look first rate!

I know that from what I have read here, I will NOT be buying that product now or ever!

Thanks again Brad!!

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a problem. I hope to post a picture of my "fixed" paint after I get a chance to work on it.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, seems everyone has made their accusations and it was only one person responding to this paticular forum who actually used the product. Now for my information, exactly what claims and presented by whom, did Brad succumb to before he ever tried my product. Can anyone on this thread explain how his surface might have gotten damaged to this extent to begin with? Anyone willing to stand up and accept the blame for this! Anyone willing to fix those swirls and back their work in writing that he won`t see swirl marks reappear in 1-week, 1-month or 1-year. All I know is Brad tried this product and I attempted to walk him through it and it didn`t work. I personally would still like to take my stab at it , and should he make it to Austin I will go see him if he has the time. As for Anthony, I did call him, and complimented him on his web-site, and left a message as to how to reach me. Believe it or not guys this is my arena and I`m looking forward to this meeting, does this sound like someone wanting to run away and hide? For everyone`s information, for the last seven years I go out everyday and set-up and invite customers to bring their cars to me, in any condition, so we can see, and the customer will see if there is a chance we will make a difference on their car, and several customers will test the demo areas for 2-3 weeks and a couple of washes to see if they hold up, and it`s funny, they always come back and buy. Infomercials are too expensive, live demonstrations eliminate the chances of a hoax, and when you spend three years in the same location (32nd St. Naval Station) as we did, I would`ve been run out of town if complaints were filed, instead I`ve been invited to visit any and all Military Installations, and I also list the Military Bases we have visited over the years. You guys have put down some very bad threads here and it is sad that outside of Brad your opinions have been based on zero personal knowledge. Kick me if you will but in the end I will still be standing and my customer base will be right there with me and I will continue to expand my efforts and markets.

Mark G.

Post Thanks / Like
    :sosad :sosad If the pic of the Jag represents the after acrylic werks treatment I think I`ll stick to my various abrasives and Zaino thanks I am glad you gave Brad his refund.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by markaw

Hello, seems everyone has made their accusations and it was only one person responding to this paticular forum who actually used the product. Now for my information, exactly what claims and presented by whom, did Brad succumb to before he ever tried my product. Can anyone on this thread explain how his surface might have gotten damaged to this extent to begin with? Anyone willing to stand up and accept the blame for this! Anyone willing to fix those swirls and back their work in writing that he won`t see swirl marks reappear in 1-week, 1-month or 1-year. All I know is Brad tried this product and I attempted to walk him through it and it didn`t work. I personally would still like to take my stab at it , and should he make it to Austin I will go see him if he has the time. As for Anthony, I did call him, and complimented him on his web-site, and left a message as to how to reach me. Believe it or not guys this is my arena and I`m looking forward to this meeting, does this sound like someone wanting to run away and hide? For everyone`s information, for the last seven years I go out everyday and set-up and invite customers to bring their cars to me, in any condition, so we can see, and the customer will see if there is a chance we will make a difference on their car, and several customers will test the demo areas for 2-3 weeks and a couple of washes to see if they hold up, and it`s funny, they always come back and buy. Infomercials are too expensive, live demonstrations eliminate the chances of a hoax, and when you spend three years in the same location (32nd St. Naval Station) as we did, I would`ve been run out of town if complaints were filed, instead I`ve been invited to visit any and all Military Installations, and I also list the Military Bases we have visited over the years. You guys have put down some very bad threads here and it is sad that outside of Brad your opinions have been based on zero personal knowledge. Kick me if you will but in the end I will still be standing and my customer base will be right there with me and I will continue to expand my efforts and markets.

Mark G.

Mark, the point is that you claim your product will remove swirls, and other paint imperfections so I fail to see why any swirls caused by other products would even matter. Either it works or it doesn`t and in his case, it seems not to have worked.

I don`t know when I will be back down in the Austin area (I was down there the weekend of June 20th), but if you want to come up to the Dallas area, I am sure I can gather a group of DFW area Autopians and offtopic.com members who frequent the show and shine forum there to see a live demonstration. I know you talk on and on about your video, but I`d only accept a live demonstration as proof that your products work as claimed.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

As I have already noted on the Web cars forum, I did in fact hear from Mark and I am in the process right now of setting up a meeting with him to view his product. I have a nice, well not so nice, black truck from hell that he can demo on, if it is ok with the owner. I did try for a black Ferrari 360 Modena but when I told the owner it was for a "demo" of sorts he quickly withdrew, can`t blame him really.

I will take photos and post the results of the demo and Marks product may be a wonderful product or it may also fail but we should give him the benefit of doubt and judge the product as such but not Mark himself as bad.

Later all,

Anthony

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information