Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony-no problem with the post-I definitely want to see a live demonstation, especially since us pros are the hardest nut to crack, according to Mr. Gonzalaz.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know Scott.

I see that you might be in Austin around the end of June? Well I might be able to get that way also as it`s just about an hour and a half away for me.

Lets see if Mr. Gonzales is willing to meet us there at that time and we can go from there.

Have you visited his web site?

I think it would be a great idea if we could work on Brad`s Beemer hood so that way Mark could show Brad where he went wrong and also show us why it could not remove the swirls when his product states it does.

We could then do a small area on the hood or trunk. I`ll buff it using a heat induced leveler followed by a SMR and let you and your legendary hands finish it out with the product(s) of your choice, hows that sound?

But hey who knows perhaps Mr. Gonzales product will really work and we all go home with a new bottle!

I doubt it but hey........it can happen.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t hold my breath waiting for Mr. Gonzalaz to either arrange a live demonstration or have an all in one product that does what he claims.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    JGV, the review is posted.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Well folks. Today I received a check in the mail for 4 of the 5 bottles I ordered. I have retyped the letter below that was sent with the check. By the way, I typed it exactly as it was written. The same way I applied the product exactly as instructed.

"Brad,

I`m sorry things did not work out; maybe there was too much damage in the surface from previously used products. I really wished I could have seen the surface, so I could get a crack at it. Now you did call and mentioned that you did notice a resolution difference, once you seen it in the sun and that it did a great job on your trim. Brad, I feel you got some very good benefits and as I mentioned the swirls marks would take time to remove because we are not trying to counter the swirl damage by using another abrasive and glaze. Someone mentioned in a follow up that you washed your car and you were amazed by the fact that your surface squeaked, and you were startled. If the acrylic is applied properly, your surface would not have squeaked after years worth of washes. Since, you did call me with some favorable results and surprised me with the return of the product. I`m going to charge you for the one bottle you did use up and will give you credit for the other four and your initial shipping nad handling charge. My refund policy is also to refund within 30 days. I`ve made a copy of this letter and the check (#1043) for our records also. Brad, please consider what future products you choose and their abrasive make-up. If you continue to experiment with all these different products you may damage the surface beyond repair. I`m still concerned that you may have to repaint this car way before its time. Brad, if you want, watch out for my site, because I filmed a 23 minute demonstration at the 32nd St Naval Station. This was a black truck and in pretty poor shape, and we did pull it through and restore the surface.

Thanks,

Mark G.

ACRYLIC-WERKS"

Post Thanks / Like
    In regard to the 30 day guarantee, I purchased the product on 4/23 as indicated on my credit card statement online:

04/23/03 ACRYLIC-WERKS 858-576-0230 CA $167.19 _

I have documentation that the product was returned on May 12 and arrived on:

You entered 0302 1790 0002 5383 6898

Your item was delivered at 2:54 PM on May 14, 2003 in SAN DIEGO, CA 92117.

If my math is correct that was within the 30 day time period.

What do you folks think I should do? Fight it or move on?

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Learn the lesson and move on. Life`s too good to waste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since, you did call me with some favorable results and surprised me with the return of the product. I`m going to charge you for the one bottle you did use up and will give you credit for the other four and your initial shipping nad handling charge.

Sounds like he charged you for the one bottle because you saw some good results. And It sounds like he did not know you were planning on returning the product.

You could fight it but I think it might be a waste of your time. I do however feel you are right and he should have refunded the complete purchase price even though you used the whole bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the favorable results were on the trim until I washed the car. I emailed him about returning the product but never received a response.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    I would send him an email requesting a refund for the additional bottle. You won`t get a reply, but I`d do it on principal. Call him too. The more you hassle him the greater chances you get a refund. :up

4/5 of a refund is not a "full" refund.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice all.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    A FULL refund is what he should have given and not try to make excuses for a partial refund. Maybe he would have NEVER given you a refund and just ignored you if this was not brought up in a public message board that he failed to refund an unsatisfied customer?

After it was known that he didn`t refund you on the message boards, of course the best public relations for his company was to refund you. Otherwise say Joe Blow is interested in his product and read that Acrylic Werks didn`t refund an unsatsfied customer, maybe this will change Joe Blow`s mind about trying his product.

Go for the full refund, you got the mailing proof that it was within 30 days. If it will waste your time, go for the full refund in principal, and let him know how to conduct a real business and what REAL customer service is all about.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I think the reason he didn`t want to give a refund on the used bottle is because then he couldn`t claim that he had never had a used bottle returned. Who knows.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you I would request a refund for the remaining bottle as others have stated strictly on principal. Then I would copy your post with the letter and post it on as many detailing sites as you can to get the word out to prevent him scamming someone else. Try to find some sites he frequents and post there as well. Get the word out on this jerk. Don`t let this clown screw you over!:argue

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BradNC

I agree. I think the reason he didn`t want to give a refund on the used bottle is because then he couldn`t claim that he had never had a used bottle returned. Who knows.

Brad

I think that is exactly why. I do know I would not ever order from Mark, and I will gladly spread it around the detailing world how you were treated and that apparently his product does not work as advertized. Remember, he is claiming it will remove swirls and scratches and now he is making excuses because other products were used prior to his. If his product did exactly what he claims it does, it wouldn`t matter what was used before.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information