Thread: Zaino=Dust

Post Thanks / Like
    I put on 5 coats of Z5 and 3 coats of Z2 and topped it off with Z6. All of this took 2 days to do using Zfx. I drove it to the post office which is about 2 miles and when I got back home the car was covered with dust. Why does Zaino seem to attract more dust than carnuba wax does? I don`t know if the shine is worth it since it gets dusty so easily, and then looks like crap. Maybe Z6ing it twice would be better?
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure where you are located but if Spring has sprung the pollen season has begun. No protectant is immune from this type of assault. I have used Zaino in the past and found that the initial dust attraction is somewhat high ( probably due to static created by buffing/towels) but after washing with Z7 ( removing charge from surface) and maintaining with Z6 QD`ing this problem was decreased and on level with other protectants I have used.

I love Spring but I hate the pollen that seems to cover everything for about the first 2 months. I live in a tree friendly environment and the fallout is :shocked .

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know- thanks, guys!

(will another wash do as well as the Z7 in this case?)
    `01 Sentra SE
    Calgary Sports Car Club #406 DSS

Post Thanks / Like
    blkZ28Conv, that`s uplifting I was in shock and awe (lol I couldn`t resist) with the way Zaino converted my car into a mirror. But I was very dissapointed about the level of dust pickup.

I do have one question though. Say I wash my car with Z7 this weekend and Z6 it, and the dust pickup decreases, but if I put 1 coat of Z5 then Z2 on next month, then I`ll have the same problem with dust until I wash my car and Z6 it right?
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that as time went on the addition of more Z2/5 that the dust attraction decreased. I did the same thing as you when I first received my Zaino. I layered and layered for about a week. This activity I believe increases the charging of the surface which creates a magnetism for dust. After getting over the initial excitement and layered maybe once a week the dust decreased. I truely believe the dust attraction is self-induced and not an inherent problem with Zaino.

With that said nothing will decrease the ubiquitous Springtime pollen.

You might also try taking your towels out of the dryer just prior to their completion of drying ( slightly damp). This will decrease the static charge in these items.

From your Avtar your car is black. I have 3 black cars and this time of year is :scared in term of dust/pollen.

:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    blkZ28Conv, thanks for the good info. I don`t know what I would do without this message board. Yeah I`m not looking forward for springtime as far as pollen goes lol, my car is 3 years old and every year it`s the same, the pollen level here in WV is a killer.
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Thread Information