Post Thanks / Like
    Someone on an older thread on here said that they talked to someone at Zymol, and they said that sealants like Zaino could fade the paint because they don`t allow the paint to "breath". Is that true, or just b.s.?
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    Well everyone has their own thoughts on this matter but let me ask you one question and you can answer your own question.

If the paint doesnt breath what happens, does it choke and die? Paint is not alive, it is not an organism.

Polymers if you ask me shine almost as much as wax and they last a heck of alot longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the paint doesnt breath what happens, does it choke and die? Paint is not alive, it is not an organism.

It isn`t alive, man my college biology prof. must have lied to me lol. J/k

Yeah I know it sounds like a dumb question, or a really dumb answer by Zymol cronies...
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a little split on this.

Do i use polymer sealant and not see the customer for months or go with the wax and tell the customer to come back in 6 weeks time for a top up ?

Cmon ..... whats better business ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol also once said that their waxes and polishes replace lost "oils" and "feed the paint with oils".......Not.

Paint does not breathe but it does expand and contract. Some will claim that if you have a black car that has been sitting in the sun for an hour or so and then hose it down with cold water it can cause fine stress lines in the paint because the paint contracts suddenly...blah...blah....blah.

I have used a paint sealant on an 11 year old Honda NSX off and on for its entire life and there is no loss of gloss in the paint. Check my web site for pictures.

This is a heated and ongoing debate from wax makers that have no paint sealants and because of their early bad mouthing of the sealants, which have now been proven unfounded, cannot produce a paint sealant of their own because they would then lose face and have to admit they don`t know it all:argue

I use sealants BUT I mainly use carnuba`s because I have regular weekly clients that get waxed monthly and they love the way their cars look.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smoker

I`m a little split on this.

Do i use polymer sealant and not see the customer for months or go with the wax and tell the customer to come back in 6 weeks time for a top up ?

Cmon ..... whats better business ?

Use a durable wax, just about all waxes shine pretty well. You`ve got to make money, your doing work they wont do so you are earning your money and if you do a complete detail that last 2 months or so and they don`t come back until they need another complete detail you better make sure they like the shine..... but they will need the shine again in a fair amount of time.

Doesn`t Platinum provide awesome shine yet not last as long as other Polymers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony Orosco, thanks for telling me to look at your webpage. Now I have to clean the drool out of my keyboard from looking at those cars you work on... j/k
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice website, Anthony!

I read all the pages and something weird occurred to me.

Ive recently started detaling full time and we are taking our 3yr old to see the ENT surgeon tomorrow.

I`m hoping he needs his car detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ahunt01

Someone on an older thread on here said that they talked to someone at Zymol, and they said that sealants like Zaino could fade the paint because they don`t allow the paint to "breath". Is that true, or just b.s.?

Even if this is true, why would that be a bad thing? Doesnt the air and the moisture in it cause oxidation? So sealing off the paint would mean you delay fading, no?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I would think that a sealant would not damage anything, just something someone on this message board had heard from Zymol customer support.
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Thread Information