Post Thanks / Like
    They have a link here on autopia.

http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/...cgi?AFFIL=1060

I don`t know anything about them or have seen a thread about them. I guess they are a sponser.

I have used many different types of touch up paints, but one thing that scares me is what the company says.

Guarantee

We guarantee our paint will match the original color chip provided by the paint manufacturer for your vehicle or we will send you a new order. For our complete return policy, please follow this link.

I don`t know if any of you have ever painted a car before but it is so hard to get an exact match on the paint. Most of the time you will need to blend the adjacent panel. I am sure for a small pebble chip it would probably work, but for a long scratch, i am not sure about that.

Has anyone bought anything from them, I have a car that i will be doing and will need some touch up work, i will contact them and get some touch up paint once i get the paint code. I will let you know how it works.

*I am not saying anything good or bad about this company*

Post Thanks / Like
    I have. I used them to get silver touch-up paint for the BMW. The front was scuffed on a poll (not say which driver in the house did it ). Based on a test spray, it looks to be a near perfect match. I will be color sanding, feather spraying, clear and a final color sand and buff to do the final match.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it has very much to do with your car`s color. I`ve heard of good results and bad.

I had some chips on the front bumper of the Mark VIII and I ordered a touch up pencil from them. This car is a tricoat with tinted clearcoat. The color went on with a perfect match but dried pink! The car looked like it had acne. They sent me a new formulation but it didn`t fare much better.

HOWEVER... for my wife`s car the color match was perfect, it blended right in and you could never tell it was touched up.

I would think that they can match well for simpler colors like black, white, silver, grey, etc., and have more problems with complicated tricoats and brighter colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few cans of it sitting right next to me - we`re doing an article on it for an upcoming issue of Mile Marker. I played around with it a bit over the weekend - looks like a good product so far.

"TriColor" and other heavy metallic paints will be nearly impossible for anyone to match - there`s so many opportunities for inconsistencies b/c of the way the paint is mixed, sprayed, etc.

Thread Information