Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I got a 911 Turbo and an SL500 to do on Friday and the guy is leaving town on Saturday so he wants both done on Friday and he wants "long lasting protection." Naturally I figured Klasse would be the way to go, AIO, SG, then P21S. I`ve always let my Klasse cure over night, so what are the consequences of doing AIO, wait 20 min, apply SG, wait a couple of hours, then remove and apply P21S? Please tell me it can be done without hazing and looking like crap.

Edit: I should be getting an order of Clearkote VMW, and MW before then. How is the durability and should I risk a new product on a customer`s cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you just do AIO and then SG and not put on P21S?

I wouldn`t use a new product on a customers car. I like to try them out first incase I run into any problems.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t cheat the SG. Let it sit for at least 45 minutes before buffing it off and don`t layer anything for 24 hours. The chance of hazing and other nasties increases if you cut corners with Klasse.

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does he want the Klasse or do you want to use the Klasse? Meguiars #20 might be another option you might want to consider. How long does he mean by long lasting? The p21S lasts long for a carnauba, but if he wants synthetic then do what you have to.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the others. Forget about the P21S for this detailing session. I did a Boxster for a customer right before he put it into winter storage. I focused on paint cleaning and prep, and he left with only 2 layers of AIO, not even SG. I explained to him that we would be doing the SG and possibly the carnuaba (his choice) in the spring, and that this was the optimal way to do it (in other words, don`t expect miracles from only the AIO).

Needless to say, he was blown away by the AIO only on top of a great paint prep job. I can`t wait to see his face when he sees the "rest" of the detailing during the next session.

Bottom line is that AIO only, or especially AIO and SG, is a total job the customer will love. The P21S topper isn`t even the right solution for most customers in my opinion, because it limits your future options to top with more carnuaba or completely strip.

Post Thanks / Like
    So if I get what you`re saying, just give him the AIO and SG and call it good? He didn`t specify Klasse, but just said he wanted something that lasted quite a while. I don`t have any #20, but from what I`ve read it sounds like a pretty easy product to use. I`ll talk to him a little bit later and find out exactly what he wants. The Porsche doesn`t get driven that often, so I`m thinking I might still do GEPC and P21S for that, then do AIO and SG for the Benz. Thanks for your help guys, I truly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    #20 doesn`t have the looks that Klasse does. It is a great sealant and will protect and last for a long time, but if you want him to really be impressed then you`ll want to go with the Klasse. Just a thought. Klasse has an advantage because it is a 2 stage product. You`ve got the cleaner and then the sealant. You`ll get a double wow compared to what #20 will do.

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I suggested #20 is because it seems like he would be pressed for time and not able to wait the proper curing period for the Klasse to set up properly. The #20 is one step and gives decent results although not as good as P21S. I have never seen #20 compared to Klasse but I would like to someday.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally would do 2xAIO (machine if possible) back to back, then wait 30 minutes, buff, then 1xSG, then wait as long as you possible can then another layer of SG.

Then I would just follow with a good canauba QD or possibly Pinnacle Souveran or something nice.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my humble opinion, go for #20.... I`ve used both (klasse and #20) and I feel that as long as you put in the prep time both are going to come out looking "good enough" for the customer...

frankly the way I look at it is, if he`s pressed for time I`ll do my best to give him what he has stressed is most important (long lasting protection) and sacrifice the very marginal difference in look for now, but always encourage him to come back when he has more time and you can give him protection thats even better than what he`s getting from you now, with a look thats also 1000x better.

Thread Information