Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally as these flakes fall, I begin to realize its nearly mid February. With that in mind the spring is around the corner with one of the largest snow storms ever coming (Friday) for the east coast!

Regardless, I have allocated $300 on a budget to bring in new customers and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Remember $300.00 is the budget, so I could do fliers, newspapers, detail shops, etc...

Please give me the ideas... (I`m a full time college student looking to do part time work- 1-2 cars/night).

Best Regards

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should check out some of NY detailers past posts on the subject. He has many great business promotion ideas and most are really inexpensive.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing I have to do this year is get some new business cards made. My number has changed since last year so I`m going to have to start over again. www.vistaprint.com is a great way of getting good cards for not a lot of $$. If you go for the free route (which I do) then its even cheaper. I`ve never had anyone turn me down because there was a vistaprint address on the back of the card. Its the info on the front of the card that they are interested in. :xyxthumbs

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just had 1000 tri-fold brochures printed and folded for $135.00 that`s black and white on white linen. I`ve found that these to be very effective and professional.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Detailbarn:

The 1000 brochures @ $135 sounds like a great deal! Now, what`s your strategy for distribution?

I`m very interested, and looking forward to your response!

Thanks

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    jimamary , I put alot of them out on vehicles when I`m out. I also have some doctors that let me put them in the waiting area. I also have alot of larger housing developments in my area. Quite a few of them the cheapest house is in the low $500,000 so the cars that are parked in those garages tend to be of the upper crust. I have had much better succes with my tri-folds than I ever did with simple flyers , I`m assuming becuase people are finding them more professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m currently using fliers but don`t get a good return on them. Color or Black and White. I`m getting between a .5% and a 1% return on the latest ones I`ve handed out. Not too good... I don`t know if it is because it is after Christmas or the neighbhorhood I handed them out in isn`t that good. They are houses around $150,000 all the way up to the $500,000 ones.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Intel486 I found that my flyers were not getting that good of a return also, I am now getting between 2% - 5% return on my tri-folds. I think people like them because I have included most of the answers to there typical questions so all they have to do is call and make an appointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by detailbarn

Intel486 I found that my flyers were not getting that good of a return also, I am now getting between 2% - 5% return on my tri-folds. I think people like them because I have included most of the answers to there typical questions so all they have to do is call and make an appointment.

Sent you a PM.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use flyers and have about a 2% return. I am thinking about having some business cards made, and maybe even advertising in the local area newspaper. (Not the Houston Chronicle)
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    For winter, I made up some "Winter Detailing Special" flyers. Printed 20 and left them at one of my customers stores. I just included Wash, Wax, Class Cleaned, Tires Dressed, and Caprets Cleaned. 50 bucks ballpark. Just listed what gets trashed in the winter. I`ve had 4 calls on those 20 fliers. Pretty good.

There`s a local ice cream shop that has car shows every other saturday from may to november, and a whole shoping center is overflowing usualy. I am thinking of asking a few of my customers with high end cars if they would let me enter their car in the show one night with a sign infront of it. They`ll get to see the reaction of their car, and I`ll be able to hopefully to get a couple of details..

other than that i`ll jus be doing my normal thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Flyers are the cheapest way to advertise, once you get someone from the flyer do a great job (as i know you will) then that person will start a word of mouth chain.

Advertise in local stores.

go to a local pizza shop and offer a free large pie with every detail. you will still make money on it, and the pizza owner gets free ad`s as well.

business cards need to stand out as well.

I have so much stuff i could tell you, i would be typing all day.

send me your email address i will email you my flyers and stuff.

NYD

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NY detailer

go to a local pizza shop and offer a free large pie with every detail. you will still make money on it, and the pizza owner gets free ad`s as well.

just make sure to put in fine print "pizza offer not valid if intent is to eat in freshly detailed vehicle." :p

Post Thanks / Like
    The ideas provided thus far are outstanding! As far as brochures are concerned they seem like a great idea.

I would not like to put them on cars as some people will hate that. Do you all think I would receive a better hit rate if I did a targeted mailing to a few hundred people?

Thanks again.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by THESANTINI

I would not like to put them on cars as some people will hate that.

This is why the turn around rate is so low, but it will be no matter what. You cant worry about getting people mad at the fliers, so they dont give you business, you didnt loose anything that way.

One big advantage to putting fliers on cars is you get to choose your target audience that way. For example, say you want to do the "higher class" vehicles... so you stay away from the smaller toyota corrolas, honda civics, etc. and stick to the maximas, camrys, impalas, etc. of the world. Also you can skip over vehicles which are insanely/grossly dirty to save yourself the hassle. Just go with the vehicles which look like they`re cared for, but could use a bit of professional help (you know the type: ones that appear to go thru an automatic wash tunnel regularly and are covered with swirls/etc.)

my $.02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information