Thread: Pressure Bays

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know these figures on these "spray bays" (the ones we hate with the foaming brush)

Startup Cost( building, equip, ect ect.. excluding the land)

Maintance (time and $$)

Return per month/ week.

Return when they are sold....

I just got to thinking. The spray bays around here always have 6 bays and lines. These people must be making some good money at 3 bucks for 4 mins of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sentiments exactly....someone`s got to be making money....it`s especially good here right now....the coin-op across the way from me has been plump full every weekend day for the last month or so because of the crappy weather we have had....that place has probably made more money in a month than it had all year!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    3 bucks for 4 mins!?!

We are TWO bucks for 4 mins with warmwater/soap and warm water rinse! (we also have the foaming brush and Wax. but those are garbage anyways)

and... the two bucks is in Canadian dollars

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to use one yesterday to clear all the salt off. Only cost

one dollar.

Post Thanks / Like
    here it is $1.50 for 3 Min. We have 2 places like that here in this small town, Sad to see some people using those brushes. Funny thing is, like you guys say....they are always busy:down
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Valley Park, MO - 1.50 for 4 minutes

Highland, IL - 1.25 for 4 minutes - good spray, higher power spot free rinse:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    dang, these pople around here (me included) are getting ripped compared to other places. Sure do wish I didn`t live 20 mins away from the next spray place.

Anyone have any actual numbers on these places though?

Post Thanks / Like
    BAHAHHAHAHAAA

Today I saw some lady get the brush! It gets worse! As we all know the foam comes out 10-15 seconds after you turn the dial... Well the lady thought it was broken and started to rub the GROUND!!!! THen the foam came out and she did her car!!!

OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    $2.50 for under 3 min of flow.

In the summer all the DIY bays are packed after work until close and on weekends open til close. In the winter, when the weather breaks, every car wash in town is packed, both DIY and the automatics. Lines for some of the "better" ones can get near 50 cars.

I`ve often thought about the money that there is to be made here. I wouldn`t use it myself, but have no problem collecting from those that wish to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been wondering the exact same thing, I did a few searches on Google, and Go, but all I came up with were equipment manufacturers. Probably not a good Idea around here anyway. There are DIY bays all over the place.
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    The worst I ever saw was I guy that was too cheap to use the foam soap with the brush, used the dry brush to clean his new looking Honda Accord! Oh, I forgot, this was the truck bay and a Semi just left after using the brush to clean his wheels and fuel tanks!!!

All I could do is mumble to myself all day! I think I was in shock!!

:shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

Why do you not purchase your own pressure washer? I just bought a 5 Hp Honda motored pressure washer so I could avoid the coin op places

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using a 2300 psi pressure washer (6hp Briggs) for several years on my 3 vehicles. Most of the time, I don`t need to wash by hand. I dry with a back pack blower. I have had no paint damage and don`t get polish circles. When I do hand wash, I use Zanio Z-7. I am well pleased with this system.

My family says I am opposed to work with out a motor.:up
    A. B. Hair

Post Thanks / Like
    These types of washes do pretty good depending on location and maintenance. They are $$$$$$$ to own or have built. There is a magazine that can give you alot of insight into this business venture. It`s something I am considering to expand my detailing business. I want to be world wide with mobile and fixed locations , Showroom Shine Auto Detailing

LLC. Check out Professional Carwashing and Detailing Magazine. They have an line issue too. Where I live they have a couple that are my favorites. Hot water wand washes, I use when the vehicle is very dirty. I never use the brushes and warn people who I see using them. There are alot of resources on this site too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some area have restrictions as well as to how many can go up due to environmental concerns i.e. sedimentation tanks etc.

There is definitely to be made, but from what i understand, it`s very expensive and timely to put one up from scratch.
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Thread Information