Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in need of a new rotary my dewalt is falling apart and it seized up yesterday. It`s really old so it`s time for a replacment.

I was looking at the Porter Cable 7428 , I have and love the PC 7336 , is the 7428 on par with it`s quality. Any one have experience with this machine? Also I was thinking of buying it from CMA , unless any one knows a cheaper place to get it. Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like
    any one have any imput on this unit , I did a search but didn`t find any thing on it. thanks

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milwaukee makes a heavy duty rotary that should fill your needs. I always thought the Porter Cable was more geared toward the non-commercial user, or casual user. Why not just get another DeWalt? I got one its great.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    always thought the Porter Cable was more geared toward the non-commercial user, or casual user

Not sure if it is , I have no complaints about the Dewalt , just like my PC so much figured I`d like the 7428 too.

Post Thanks / Like
    How long did the Dewalt last you?

Post Thanks / Like
    DavidB just got the PC Rotary. I`m sure he`ll have some input on what he thinks of it after he has broken it in. I`m with you guys in your reasearch on rotarys. I want to get one for next year`s season. I had to turn down some jobs last year because I knew the PC woudn`t fix the problems they needed fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    ADetailer

I`ve had that thing since I started and I think it was my father so it was at least 12 years old. It had been rebuilt twice I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the PC rotary. I`ve had no problems with it. I like the fact that you can control the speed with the trigger as well as the control knob. Check out e-bay. There is a company in New Jersey that is always selling new PC rotaries for around 149.99, plus shipping. I bought mine from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    NJDetailer were at in NJ , do you have the name of the company that sounds like the price I want to pay. Thanks for your help

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by detailbarn

ADetailer

I`ve had that thing since I started and I think it was my father so it was at least 12 years old. It had been rebuilt twice I think.
    12 YEARS!! At least you know that they are reliable. You can get a DeWalt DW849 cheap on eBay.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Nagchampa yeah you can say that , the thing was so old the plastic body was worn down to almost nothing but it still worked. lol I`ll say I got my moneys worth out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailbarn - I sent you a PM, not sure if you got it.

The company`s web site is http://www.lapollostools.com. They are mail order only. They have the PC listed for $165. I got it for a little less on e-bay, plus shipping. Check e-bay, this company always has new tools listed.

Thread Information