Post Thanks / Like
    What do you use to carry your supplies in? I can`t stand having so much crap in my trunk that restricts the amount of stuff you can carry, and ends up everywhere after you take a turn too fast...

I found 2 DeWalt carriers on wheels. Both are filled to capacity, but they hold nearly everything, and it keeps my trunk and garage a lot more organized.

I think it was Intel that made specific "compartments" for things to fit snuggly in the bed of his truck, which seems like a good idea but not too practical for a sedan owner.
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    meguiars has a good carry bag or box.

I also get milk box containers from my local bagel store and use them. just wash them first.

dont carry everything with you.

for example if you have a gallon of # 26, take some and pout it into a 16oz bottle, less to carry

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything fits in my trunk and bags of towels fill in the rest of the space well enough that nothing moves. By using QEW, I only need to carry about 6 gallons of water with me. I do need to find a compact extractor that will stand up to daily use, or get a truck and a full sized extractor (my next major investment).
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Check these out:

http://www.cargogear.com/HolderMountOrganizeCAT.asp

http://www.ebags.com/products/index....9460&view=xlrg

The second one holds my PC and all my supplies, neatly, organized, and can be removed and stored easily. I`m a weekend worrier though, not in business like you. So for me, these work great. And they have strips on the bottom to prevent it from sliding around when I take a curve at speeds.

John
    2005 Porsche 997 Carrera S. Mods: ECU, Plenum, Custom Exhaust, Turbo Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I made boxes for my stuff.

How far do you plan on going w/ the detailing? Might want to think more about the vehicle you`re using instead of how to organize it.

I would suggest going with one of the detailing bags people have posted. They are easy to pull in and out of your trunk. You can also throw stuff in your back seat and passenger seat. My truck is loaded with stuff. Extended cab portion and passenger seat! I really need a trailer...

Bed is organized differently now but still looks similar to this.

2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlackRegal

I just bought a big storage box from Lowes, then built an insert to put into it to keep everything organized. I re-bottle almost everything I buy, so that I have a uniform bottle size. The insert fills up about 2/3 of the box, and I use the rest of the space to keep odd shaped, specialty, or infrequently used items, like deoderizers, specialty metal polishes, Lexol, etc...

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/...anizer-med.jpg

The big spray bottles are mostly cleaners & protectants, the aerosols are a spray trim detailer, Plexus, and 3M Spot & Stain Remover. The squeeze bottles are all glazes, polishes, and thick protectants/dressings, like TW tire gel. As you can see, I need to get some more squeeze bottles to fill out the space.

That`s a cool setup.

What kind of glazes and polishes do you use? If you don`t want to put them on this thread, then feel free to pm them to me.

I like the way you labeled the top of the spray bottles.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use milk crates for my chemicals, storage bin with a lid for all my towels, and I have two small storage bins that have draws (stacked one on top of the other) that I store all my brushes, sponges, etc. Everything fits neatly into the back of my Bronco II.

I`m planning on getting a enclosed trailer in February or March, this should give me all the room I need. I`m also going to get a generator and water tank.

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NJDetailer , I use to work out of a bronco II. I loved it I had all my stuff in a box I built behind the seat and I had a small rv awning attached to the bottom of the hatch , it gave me a real nice place to work. great little truck to , i miss mine.

Thread Information