Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advertising

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Nagchampa

Donate a few washes to a church raffle or other fundraiser or local telethon.

Don`t forget schools!

I put flyers on cars when I first started out at DFW Airport and Dallas Love Field and got several customers, some of whom are still regulars. I wouldn`t recommend this now, I didn`t know I wasn`t allowed to until a security guard saw me and told me I couldn`t. Now with security being the way it is, they`d stop you in two seconds. After that, I concentrated on high end neighborhoods, but make sure you honor `no solicitor` signs.

Definitely get into the Yellow Pages. I noticed a big increase when I first got in. I used to have a 3 line ad, but now I am just listed and still get a lot of calls because it is obvious from the name of my business I am mobile, so those looking for a mobile detailer know that is how I operate.

Once you get a solid customer base, you probably won`t have to advertise. I haven`t put out a flyer in over 6 years now. I just have a listing in the Yellow Pages and a sign on my car.

Doing a great job is the best advertising in the world because then your customers will sell you to their friends. You can tell when a new customer has been referred because they don`t really ask any questions, they are ready to set up an appointment right off the bat.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jcattarulla

If you are so violent that you would threaten kids and burn places down you are probably not a customer that anyone would want.

Don`t take this the wrong way, but there was a whole paragraph there that made up the context of what I meant by that. Pulling one little snippet out and disregarding the context doesn`t make for a very good counter-point. I think I made it rather clear that I`m not a violent person and there is basically no chance I would commit any sort of crime against a business just for sticking a flyer on my car. And this then illustrates how remote the even lower probability that I would ever use the business in question is.

Masterfinish put it well, though. My car is my property, and no one has a right to do things to it without my consent. You may not think a flyer is a big deal, but I do. And since it is my car, it`s my values that apply to it. If you (the generic you, not you specifically jcattarulla) feel it`s no big deal, then feel free to stick flyers on your property all you want. But your values don`t apply to my property...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information