Thread: Credit Cards

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not take credit cards at this time, but some of you might. I do not want to be bothered with them.

But if i did take them i think i would like to have this with me since i am a mobile detailer.

http://payjunction.com:8000/live/home/

Post Thanks / Like
    I get asked maybe once every 2-3 months if I take credit cards. Just now worth the hassle to me, not to mention they want a little chunk of the price. I agree, it really isn`t worth the hassle to a small mobile business.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    PayPal!

I think if you do under $500 a month they don`t want any of the action. I mean, as long as they know you`re not a business using it
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been accepting credit cards through PayPal for quite awhile. It has worked out really well for me. I`ve made several hundred dollars through PayPal that I wouldn`t have made other wise if I didn`t accept cards. More and more people use it that way. I would rather take a paypal payment than a check from some people.

Post Thanks / Like
    how does pay pal work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I`ve been accepting credit cards through PayPal for quite awhile. It has worked out really well for me. I`ve made several hundred dollars through PayPal that I wouldn`t have made other wise if I didn`t accept cards. More and more people use it that way. I would rather take a paypal payment than a check from some people.

I think in nearly 9 years, I have had only one person not have me detail their car because I don`t take credit cards. The equipment costs for a mobile business (around $100-200 a month in my area according to the companies I contacted) along with the 2-3% they take more than makes up for the loss of one person.

The paypal angle sounds interesting though...and I do have a paypal account. Thanks for that info!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    but how would pay pal work. wouldn`t i need to have access to a computer for pay pal. ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NY detailer

but how would pay pal work. wouldn`t i need to have access to a computer for pay pal. ?

Just go to www.paypal.com and set up an account. All the customer would need is your e-mail address (along with their own paypal account).
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not that they wouldn`t have let me detail their car if I didn`t take their credit card, its that they wouldn`t have been able to pay me right then for it. I would much rather have them give me a credit card payment and get the business right then than have to reschedule it for a later date. Ya know? I don`t think I would have lost the business, I just don`t think I would have made as much business from the cars I did during the time I would have normally been doing the rescheduled appointments from the people who couldn`t pay right then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman-I guess I am lucky that so much of my business is repeat and referral, so nearly everyone who schedules with me already knows I only take check or cash.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Jngrbrdman-I guess I am lucky that so much of my business is repeat and referral, so nearly everyone who schedules with me already knows I only take check or cash.

I am the same way. Better off that way i think. No problems and no one takes a cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I hear ya there. I`m not saying that its a neccessity to take the CCs. Its just something that helps me out a little. Wait till I move down to Dallas and give you some competition. You just have to promise not to break my little body in two after you shave those lbs and bulk up this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Yeah, I hear ya there. I`m not saying that its a neccessity to take the CCs. Its just something that helps me out a little. Wait till I move down to Dallas and give you some competition. You just have to promise not to break my little body in two after you shave those lbs and bulk up this year.

Has everyone seen that picture?

You may want to wait until spring before heading down here. El Nino is on the warpath and if from the middle of this month on is any indication of the type of winter we are going to have, you will go broke quick. It has rained something like 10 out of the last 14 days. Way, way, way above normal.

BTW, let me know when you are coming out. I`m not worried about losing business, I turn away a lot because I am so booked up. I am so backed up right now, once the rain ends, I won`t be able to book any additional clients for at least 2-3 weeks.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We use merchantdirect.com; they take 1.59% of the amount and there`s a $10/mo processing fee - the lowest we`ve been able to find.

Doesn`t matter if you do $1 or $1000 per month, they still charge 1.59% and $10.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t take credit cards and I never have. We remind everybody when they book their appointment that its cash or personal check. The best thing you can do in this business of ours is to be the best detailer you can. Out smart, and out perform your competition. People will wait in line for you, on your terms.

Thread Information