Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the post below in the `starting a business` thread that recommended using a small pesticide type sprayer- Just curious if there`s anything a little more powerful that is portable?

Thanks!!

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two 250 foot hoses, i attach them together and i have 500 feet. So I just tell them i need to use the outside spiket for water.

I never had a problem

I also use containers filled with water and i can just spray where i need water.

NYD

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you still do mobile detailing? Because I sure could use your services next week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Question, what do you mobile detailers do in the cold months? If the customer has no garage, how do you polish and wax in 35 to 40 degree weather, let alone in below freezing temps and/or wind chills? Water is freezing on the car, polishes/waxes have problems setting up, etc. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry a small 100ft hose. If I can`t reach the spiket, then I use my garden sprayer and Protect Alls Quick and Easy Wash. This stuff has saved me numerous times like when I get to an office late and someone has already grabbed the parking spots close to the spiket (and taken the shade, grrrrrr!)
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RobD

Question, what do you mobile detailers do in the cold months? If the customer has no garage, how do you polish and wax in 35 to 40 degree weather, let alone in below freezing temps and/or wind chills? Water is freezing on the car, polishes/waxes have problems setting up, etc. :nixweiss

I have detailed cars when the temps are in the low 30`s. With Protect Alls Wash, I only need a gallon of water and since you wash and dry a section at a time with no rinsing, water is not on the car for very long. I fill my gallon jugs with warm water and also wear some neoprene gloves with knit gloves underneath. The gloves are pretty skin tight, but I still lose some feeling when working. It takes me a few days to get used them and feel comfortable. Usually in the Dallas area, I only need them in the morning since normal highs are in the low to mid 50s. Occasionally though, it stays in the 30s all day.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information