Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so my little Biz is off to a good start, I think that it has a little to do with my cards I had made, and good news travels fast. Anyhoo, I had a Buick century to do today, just a wash and clean(wash and wipe down inside) I was doing the wheels and noticed that the drivers side front tire was low.. I thought hmmm I could air that up, I have a compressor right here and it is aired up.. so would you have aired it up?

Well I did, I thought it wouldn’t hurt anything... So when I took the car back to the guy he came out of the office and was very happy with the way the car looked. I also told him to have the tire looked at and that I aired it up to 35lbs like it said on the side wall of the tire. Needless to say he was very impressed. I told him that I thought that it was better to be safe than sorry. he then paid me with my $15 tip
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    i would have done the same thing....more details = more customers.."this guy even put air in my tire...you should call him"

Post Thanks / Like
    Its the small things! Good Job Thats What I Would Have Done!

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attention to details like that is key. I also always check the engine fluids and inform the customer if something is low or a problem exists.... they always like that.

got pics of the finished product??

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

got pics of the finished product??

Nope, I didnt take any, It was just a wash, it just looked "ok"

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Great customer service! I was detailing a wholesale lot car about a year ago, and noticed the front left tire was low. So I started pumping it up, and noticed the sidewall threads starting to bust. Have you ever had your brain tell your body to do something, but your body wasnt quick enough? Anyway, KABOOOOM, sounded like a shot gun going off. The pressure from the explosion, didnt bust my skin on my hand/arm, but blood started coming out of some pores, like a blood blister. My wife came running outside after the sound to see what it was and if I was ok. I was, but my ears were ringing, arm hurting, and had to put the donut on for the spare. Needless to say, from then on, Im very skeptical about pumping up tires! It probally couldve really did some damage to my eyes, or other parts. :bounce

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats exactly why you check the real pressure with a gauge first, during and after the refill. Also inspect the tires real close for any sidewall cracking or other telltale problem signs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always inspect the tires when I am cleaning them. I look for nails, treadwear, inflation and sidewall damage. Since I am closer to their tires than most of my customers ever get, I figure it`s a good idea to keep an eye on their tires.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. I would have done the same thing. As the others have said, the key to being successful is paying attention to the smaller details.

BTW, Redcar, what happened with the cards?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PrinzII

BTW, Redcar, what happened with the cards?

I still have to use up all the old ones first, so it will be a while

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    To answer your question: Yes, I would`ve inflated the tire.

As a note:

I believe tires should be inflated to the automobile manufacturer`s specification, usually found on the frame of the door or in the center console.

Post Thanks / Like
    You definitely did the right thing. :xyxthumbs Who knows you might have save his life. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

I still have to use up all the old ones first, so it will be a while

I am quite curious how they turn out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

I also told him to have the tire looked at and that I aired it up to 35lbs like it said on the side wall of the tire.

like has been mentioned once before, the sidewall pressure is the maximum pressure for the tire, not the recommended for the vehicle. The recommended pressure(s) are usually on the driver`s door jamb or the inside of the fuel filler door.

Thread Information