Post Thanks / Like
    It seems as though there`s an endless amount of detailing products so many people use on here. And, since I`ve been doing other people`s cars I`ve found out how each car can require quite different things. I`m not a bazillionaire, but have $$ to spend, so help me out with a few things:

What to use for:

1) Swirl/scratch removal

2) Polishing to clean & brighten paintwork (I only use Klasse AIO now, but some more abrasive cleaner is needed)

3) Sealant and/or wax (depending on client`s individual specifications--I`ve been using a layer of Klasse AIO topped with a layer of Platinum for the paint, and that`s it.)

4) Interior vinyl & plastic protectant/cleaning

5) Carpet cleaning & spot removal (Use some "Tuff Stuff" foam--doesn`t do much--and then some Dawn & water with a brush)

6) Tires (Use Meguiar`s HG gel, like the look, hope to get some TW gel at the Dollar Store for $2 to try)

7) Wheel sealant/wax (Different for each car so far, ranging from just some wax, to a coat of Klasse SG)

Most notably, I think a PC or other bufferwould be useful, but I`d like to build up a little more $$ before getting anything as expensive.

Any ideas? What do you other professionals use, start to finish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Here`s what I use

1) Swirl/scratch removal - ProWax`s Swirl Eliminator

2) Polishing to clean & brighten paintwork (I only use Klasse AIO now, but some more abrasive cleaner is needed)

For taking out staining I like Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion. Can that be bought in a gallon? I`m almost out and wouldn`t mind it in a gallon. For heavier polishing I use ProWax`s Duz-All. Duz-All is the heaviest compound I carry but I can get some more heavy stuff but have yet to find a need for it.

3) Sealant and/or wax (depending on client`s individual specifications--I`ve been using a layer of Klasse AIO topped with a layer of Platinum for the paint, and that`s it.)

I`ll do any wax a customer wants. I currently carry Meguiar`s Gold Class, Eagle One Paste, Eagle One Wet, *cough* Turtle Wax *cough*, Meguiar`s #26, 3m Perfect if Show Car Liquid Wax, Klasse AIO and Klasse SG, ProWax`s Sealant Glaze (carnauba with their sealant), and ProWax`s Miracle Wax.

4) Interior vinyl & plastic protectant/cleaning

I use Pro`s Heavy Duty interior cleaner and use ProWax`s Premo Dressing. I also carry 303 Aerospace.

5) Carpet cleaning & spot removal (Use some "Tuff Stuff" foam--doesn`t do much--and then some Dawn & water with a brush)

Use Pro`s ProSol for petro stains, Use Pro`s Heavy Duty interior Cleaner for everything else.

6) Tires (Use Meguiar`s HG gel, like the look, hope to get some TW gel at the Dollar Store for $2 to try)

ProWax` Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner and their white wall cleaner. I`ll dress them with ProWax`s Premium Blue dressing.

[/B][/QUOTE]
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Intel, wanna cue us in on where to ge tthe prowax line of products.

And shoot me if it is prowax.com because I havnt checked that yet.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2k2blackWRX

And shoot me if it is prowax.com because I havnt checked that yet.

*BAM!*
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486

I`ll do any wax a customer wants. I currently carry Meguiar`s Gold Class, Eagle One Paste, Eagle One Wet, *cough* Turtle Wax *cough*, Meguiar`s #26, 3m Perfect if Show Car Liquid Wax, Klasse AIO and Klasse SG, ProWax`s Sealant Glaze (carnauba with their sealant), and ProWax`s Miracle Wax.

Turtle wax? :nono

50 lashes with a wet MF towel! :scared

Just kidding, Intel!

Thread Information