Thread: Advertising?

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the best way to advertise a personal detailing business? I`ve been operating my own for about 2-3 weeks now off and on, only doing 2 cars so far, with the 3rd sceduled for this Wednesday. The first 2 impressed so many people that my name is spreading but business isn`t really picking up. I have a website that has worked out very well and I`m constantly complimented on too. In addition to the business cards and the website I have placed an ad in a local online advertising site, but it doesn`t seem to be very active.

So, what`s the best way to advertise? I`d like to get some more business rolling, preferably at least a car a day with a possible day or two off every so often. Really I don`t have much in the way of advertising yet, but it`s time to get the ball rolling!

Newspapers, flyers, word of mouth, business cards, what?????

I`m thinking flyers and a few more ads...is putting flyers on cars a good idea or just stupid?

Despite my age (16), I`m very well respected and my detailing work just amazes people. Can you tell I want to make some dough?!

Post Thanks / Like
    might want to check this out - some really good ideas.

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...threadid=11241

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m assuming you`ve got no advertising budget per say. that said, what`s worked best for me for 8 years now is flyers on the doorsteps in affluent neighborhoods, and magnetic signs on the sides of my truck($60 @ Office Depot). :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I actually do have money to spend. I`d like to keep things to a minimum is possible though.

We live in a rather "nice" development, my father works on a huge and affluent golf course and my mother in a bank where all of my first clients have come from. I think some flyers are on the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am your age, and well known 40 miles from where I live.

I deetailed myy dad`s mustang and he parked next o the gate at work and everyone saw it as they came into work. The liked it, and want me out there, but I don`t have time to go....

So right now I am asking some buds at school to do theit beaters. Before and after shots. Then i`ll put them on a flier when I make one....

Post Thanks / Like
    I already do the "before and after" shots of customer`s cars on my site. I too have a good reputation among several people and have the means to do the work with the highest quality, but just need more business. Mainly, I am hoping to boost overall profits enough to qualify this venture as successful employment.

That, and I kind of need a car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh crap! Forgot to post my web link!

DKAutoSpa

Post Thanks / Like
    Out here in So Cal the detailer set up in the parking lot of my employer, on tuesdays and thursdays.

Your Dad`s employer might be a start. Then get some other people to do the same with a flyer. the guys that works our place started out doing a half day on tuesdays and now is full time two days. If you wnt a complete detail you have to make an appointment for the next visit or call before a certain time.

Your shine is your advertising ... good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I`ve put out 150 fliers in mailboxes and only one call in two days. I put out 50 on Tuesday & 100 on Wednesday. People seem to be much more open to the idea when you talk to them in person. If anyone has better ideas it would be greatly appreciated !

Cars detailed

2000 Xterra

2000 Jaguar S Type 4.0

1994 Volvo 850

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by THESANTINI

So far I`ve put out 150 fliers in mailboxes and only one call in two days. I put out 50 on Tuesday & 100 on Wednesday. People seem to be much more open to the idea when you talk to them in person. If anyone has better ideas it would be greatly appreciated !

Since you first posted this I did a quick survey of where the car detailers are out her in So Cal.....

three friends of mine with expensive cars get it done at work

my hair dresser (expensive car) gets hers done every Sat at work

most of the people I work with ( expensive cars) get it done here at work

several patterns here...

"AT WORK"

"EXPEN$IVE CAR$"

"BU$Y PROFFE$IONAL$"

Do some research for potential custommers ... I would drive around your community, not where they live but where they work, and check out thier vehicles in the parking lot. Clean $hiney car$ hum potential cu$tomer$ ... dirty, scratched up rust buckets move on.

good luck

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Business cards, business cards, business cards!

Personally I would go with a well thought out business card over flyer and here is why.

Everybody and their mother are using flyers from the girl scouts to someone who lost their dog. Its large usually two-tone and to put it away it has to be folded, more often than not it is just tossed in the trash.

Ever see a Doctor or a lawyer use a flyer, remeber before you land the client it`s all about your professionalism and presentation.

Now a well though out business card is something anyone can place in the pocket or desk or even post on a home bulletin board and not have it be obnoxious like an 8 x 11 flyer.

You can carry a bazillion cards with you anywhere and place them on boards at business`s everywhere.

Just try to stand out get cards that fold or print on both sides. You should be able to get all pertinent info on a business card and to really impress someone before presenting it pull our a highlighter for your phone number or write a "special on it"

You can tuck them in windshields or in a car window; you can place them in customer dash.

Put them in every bill you mail, every time, any time you leave a tip at a restaurant leave a card, waiters know and here a great deal.

You never know when someone is going to say we need our fleet of cars detailed and someone will say "wait I just got a card from so and so"

Remember anytime you spend money anywhere especially where people are competing for dollars ask about detailing their cars as a past of the deal.

For instance, any friend or relative buying a car should be saying to the dealer `we have a deal s long as the dealership pays for the car to be fully detailed by MY detailer". Believe NO "stealer" is going to let someone walk over $150.00 if they do **** em.

So mom and dad and uncle by a cars that’s $$$ in your pocket! that doesn’t have to come form theirs.

:bounce

Thread Information