Post Thanks / Like
    I am wondering what I should charge for different types of services. I usually charge $15.00 for wash and $20.00 for wax. $20.00 for shampoo. I would like to see what other people think about these charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on how detailed you are going to be. If a `wash` is just the equivalent of dropping $3 at an automatic carwash then charging $15 is pretty normal. Your time and labor is worth a little. If you are going to go crazy and detail all the trim and wheels and engine and all that then $15 doesn`t even cover the material. lol

I think your prices are pretty low for any service, to be honest. If it works for you and you don`t feel cheated then keep it up. My prices were totally low to begin with too. There isn`t anything wrong with it. I think that over charging is worse than being inexpensive. Just so you know, you can charge between 100 and 150 for a full detail and people will gladly pay it and thank you for your low prices. You might want to think about tacking another 20 or 30 bucks onto your prices and see if people throw too big of a fit. It would still be an awesome deal for folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I charge $60 to do interior and if they want just exterior, then it is $90. I was charging $119 for cars full detail, and $149 for vans, suv`s etc. Even at those prices I get complaints. I get plenty of calls but no action. I am going to raise my prices and see what happens. It doesn`t help either with a water restriction here, but I`m not affected by it yet. The shops and car washes have their share of the work. It`s time I get mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually charge $60.00 for a wash , wax , shampoo, Armor All inside , and clean the windows.(for a car). An extended cab or a van is about $20.00 more. Am I too cheap? Where I am located I am lucky to get that. People gripe over my price now.

I think that I do a pretty good job. I clean the vents and all the tiny cracks and crevices. Plus I use an extractor. All of that for $60.00 . Am I crazy or is that a reasonable price?

Post Thanks / Like
    Red Truck, those prices sound pretty reasonable to me. I just detailed a 99 Toyota Tacoma over the weekend...wash, wax, swept interior, cleaned the windows and dressed the interior and tires, and charged $80, she was very happy and gave me a generous tip.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Red Truck , You prices are too LOW if your using a extractor too! Unless you do nothing but Garage Queens, that you can do in 2 hours,, and do about 4 aday! I start at 75.00 for a miata sized vehicle , full detail, and go to 150-175.00. I do not do conversion high top vans of any kind for that money. I try not to do them at all. My 2 cents Jason

Thread Information