Post Thanks / Like
    I need to know if anyone has ever used an ozone machine in vehicle. I want to know if they really work or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don`t mind searching I think you`ll find a few post on this. From what I read, it`s the only thing to use for really bad ordors.

Post Thanks / Like
    If my memory serves me right, these are used by people that have (ahem)back room gardens. I don`t think it will have much of a purpose in detailing a car, that is unless a bunch of kids spewed in the back seat and you were the lucky guy asked to clean it........nasty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ozone Generators have proven to be a very effective method of removing odors from automobile interiors. Key to use is that first you must get rid of the source of the odor: vomit; feces; dead fish, etc.

Ozone turns the bacteria that causes the odor into harmless gas which is dissipated when you open the car door.

Another amazing thing about using an Ozone Generator in the interior of a car is that it will destroy mold spores. If you have ever turned on your AC and been hit with an awful smell that is mold. Or, if you get watery eyes or start to sneeze that is also mold spores.

With an ozone unit just start the car and turn on the AC and put the ozone unit in the car and leave it run for about 30 minutes. That should clear up the problem. If it does not keep it on longer.

Ozone Generators are a must for a professional detailer. They are much too expensive for a "car-lover" to own unless they have money to burn. Cost for the best unit is $595.00

Regards

BUDA

Post Thanks / Like
    I had no idea they work that way. I know exactly what you`re talkin about with the smelly a/c, mine stinks like a mofo. A friend told me it`s because I left the a/c on when I turned off the car. I don`t have 595 to spend on the machine, and have never heard of anyone using them in a car. Do you know of anything else to clear up the stench? I tried spraying the vents and intake with disinfectant spray and putting a dryer sheat in the intake, but the smell comes back.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get a disinfectant and run it through the ventilation system with the a/c on. First start the car and turn on the a/c full blast. Open the hood and spray the disinfectant into the fresh air intake (usually a grill just below the the windshield) it should be sucked into the a/c system. Do this with the a/c on all 3 settings (floor, vent, defrost). Then turn the a/c to recirculate and spray thr disinfectant into the air intake below the dash. This should clear up the problem but if it doesn`t an ozone machine should do the trick. You must be careful with an ozone machine however as ozone can be dangerous if used improperly or in too high a concentration. Here are a few links that may shed some light on the subject. http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?indexid=6632532 http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?indexid=6632793 http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?indexid=6630614:down

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can`t afford an ozone machine the alternative is a "biological odor eliminator." It is more than a "disinfectant."

It will destroy, on contact, the bacteria that is causing the odor.

What I would do for the AC is spray the chemical liberally into each vent, and if you can disconnect the "output" hose from the AC and spray in there also. This will get the chemical into the tubes and hoses and destroy the mold spores.

Regards

BUDA

Let me know if you don`t know where to get this odor eliminator.

Thread Information